IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 6 - Worm Whomper / Utopia Bonus

2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Ok one question, and you can choose to answer or not, lol.  What is the first thing you buy or do in the game?

At the end of each round it will display your points for that round.

Experiment with different things:

1. Factory and house?

2. House, school, and one crop

3. House and two crops

4. House, fishing boat, and one crop

See what gives you the most points.  Just reset after turn 1.

Long term, see what gives you the best increase and where you "max out" and your score does not improve after buying more of it.  Accounting for population and your peoples' happiness. 

You might even try plotting income, population, and score with number of houses, schools, factories, and hospitals if you have time. 

The analysis is a lot of the fun for me.  :)

Googling "utopia" not so much...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, gar0u said:

At the end of each round it will display your points for that round.

Experiment with different things:

1. Factory and house?

2. House, school, and one crop

3. House and two crops

4. House, fishing boat, and one crop

See what gives you the most points.  Just reset after turn 1.

Long term, see what gives you the best increase and where you "max out" and your score does not improve after buying more of it.  Accounting for population and your peoples' happiness. 

You might even try plotting income, population, and score with number of houses, schools, factories, and hospitals if you have time. 

The analysis is a lot of the fun for me.  :)

Googling "utopia" not so much...

Yeah I’ve played a lot of Utopia, I just know Biff and some others here have a special approach. Just trying different things and seeing what happens. I’ve always loved the game!  I do appreciate it!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yeah I’ve played a lot of Utopia, I just know Biff and some others here have a special approach. Just trying different things and seeing what happens. I’ve always loved the game!  I do appreciate it!!

In my defense at the upcoming tribunal, when going for pure high score, I do not try to engineer the demise of all of my fellow islanders. I just don't encourage population growth. Have to keep the riff raff off the beaches so they don't spoil my view! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Jacob, do I get two patches? LOL ?  I forgot how slowly the score goes up in this game ! It's been a looooooong time ?

IMG_4688.JPG

Awesome score, but I think you should be tested for performance enhancing drugs. No PEDs allowed on this site..... ?

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

LOL !!!!!!! ? ? 

I’m trying to act all-cool .... but really... OWWWWWW... this game hurts :) 

Yeah it's weird cuz Space Armada my left thumb is used and I never get any pain from it. But with Worm Whomper it's brutal thumb numbness and pain for like the last 10 rounds lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gar0u said:

When this one is over, we'll have to compare Utopia strategies!

Absolutely! I'm happy to chat in general terms in the meantime though ?

Part of the fun is comparing notes and learning. Granted, this one is more strategy than reflex, but there's still a significant gameplay component to it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rickster8 said:

I just played with the left island for the first time and a hurricane came straight down and decimated my setup. ?

Yep, left island hits are generally more rare, but more severe when they do hit. If it's late enough in the game and you have money saved up, hurricanes are your friend. Fewer pesky people to house and feed... ?

Overall, I love the 'hurricane alley' effect and how the storms do have general trends, but anything can happen. I had a single hurricane make *3* passes the full length of the right island today. It was epic! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

2nd Entry for Utopia - We are still just talking about a participation point here, but atleast there's been some improvement. +152 points over the 1st Entry... ?

2,129 - 30T / 45S

UT(2129)S13.jpg.32d7058797ec354c374445b7695972f1.jpg

Nice improvement!  Gets fun when you try different things to eek out a few more points ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

Nice improvement!  Gets fun when you try different things to eek out a few more points ?

Thx. So far I've been scoring much better on the right side, the left side for me has been a disaster so far. My goal when this contest is over is 2,400. I'd be very happy with that. Wasn't a big Utopia guy when I was a kid cuz it seemed so complicated. It's really not now that I'm diving into it... ?

• Like 2

You guys know the Easter egg to get rid of the hurricane, I’m sure. 

In case you don’t know it; When the hurricane comes, and when it’s first fully on your island, move the disc left-right-left-up-down-left-left-down and then quickly press the numbers 2,6 and 9 together with both upper side buttons, while pressing the 8 key on the other controller with your toe, and the hurricane will appear on the other island. 

I remember doing that totally by accident when a hurricane came on my island and I figured that out.

Ok I made that up... Lol ... just kind of making fun of some of the cheesy Easter eggs on other games and a little frustrated that my islanders just don’t want to get pleased. 

• Haha 1