Jump to content
JacobZu7zu7

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 6 - Worm Whomper / Utopia Bonus

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Sorry mr_me, but those are unreadable unless you click on each individual page and image.  This manual should be easier to read:

http://www.pixelatedarcade.com/pictures/package-contents/1678/Utopia-Intellivision-Instruction-Manual.pdf

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Ok cool. 👍🏻  To be exact, 30 rounds at 45 secs each is 22.5 minutes. 😉

So it should be about 5-15 mins quicker then the Shark days, and more couch potato friendly. Slow action... Slow Motion Turtle GIF by BBC America

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our thumbs are gunna need medical attention by the end of Worm Whomper!  Great game but it’s a thumb killer!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual, the Activision Bonus is also here again! :)

 

*Worm Whompers* Bonus

Scores 75,000 points or more and earn +2 Activision Patch Bonus

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And we get Pitfall for next week's game too!  That will be different and lots of fun here!  You are on fire with the game picks Jacob!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Utopia

30 rounds 45 seconds

mame, intellivision controller

utopia1.thumb.png.6c6434076fe0dfdde5969ddc1587f739.png

Wow from my limited knowledge of Utopia that seems like a pretty phat score.... Nice!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

How does the bonus game work? I'm not sure I understand...

You'll choose 30 rounds, at 45 seconds each at the start screen, then choose either island to build on.  Have you played Utopia before?  If not, no problem, you can PM me too and I can help you if need be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

How does the bonus game work? I'm not sure I understand...

It may be that I’m also mis-understanding. But I think Utopia is just being added as a second contest during the 15 day Worm Whomper challenge. I don’t think the scores or rankings are being added together or anything like that. It’s two independent games during that time interval.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

It may be that I’m also mis-understanding. But I think Utopia is just being added as a second contest during the 15 day Worm Whomper challenge. I don’t think the scores or rankings are being added together or anything like that. It’s two independent games during that time interval.

Yes Word Whomper is a separate game on it's own, but the Utopia game is part of a bonus game that is also scored on it's own. So 2 games, scored separately making up the Week 6 game... I assume you have both carts? Lol is there any cart you don't have? 😝

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

It may be that I’m also mis-understanding. But I think Utopia is just being added as a second contest during the 15 day Worm Whomper challenge. I don’t think the scores or rankings are being added together or anything like that. It’s two independent games during that time interval.

Its actually 2 games in one game round, for the rest of August.

Any bonuses earns legit round points... and will be included in the rankings total. However, you can earn much more for playing well in Worm, as 1st place gets +15 potentially if you hit patch bonus and if set a record makes it +17!

 

Any Worm Whomper score 75ks or more gets +2 as a final bonus.

 

Utopias 1st place gets +7, and +1 on any completed score out of top 6, ... so its worth trying out.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Wow from my limited knowledge of Utopia that seems like a pretty phat score.... Nice!

Nice score... players can choose to NOT show their Island if they want to... as long as we see the score total in the picture.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Yes Word Whomper is a separate game on it's own, but the Utopia ...  I assume you have both carts? Lol is there any cart you don't have? 😝

Luckily I have both carts LOL :). I played Utopia back in the day ... and as luck would have it, I started collecting intellivision games before the prices got crazy. I picked up many rare games - of course not all of them ... but I did get Pac Man and Worm Whomper. I never played Pac Man. I never felt the need to play it (until now :) ) ... But I did have a go or two at Worm Whomper. If it came out in 1982 it would have been a gem classic, same as Thunder Castle. I honestly don't like most of the later/rare games but WW and TC are exceptions. I don't understand the buzz about Diner. Many people love it.  I think it's horrible... it's like an Atari game ... but to each his own I guess.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Luckily I have both carts LOL :). I played Utopia back in the day ... and as luck would have it, I started collecting intellivision games before the prices got crazy. I picked up many rare games - of course not all of them ... but I did get Pac Man and Worm Whomper. I never played Pac Man. I never felt the need to play it (until now :) ) ... But I did have a go or two at Worm Whomper. If it came out in 1982 it would have been a gem classic, same as Thunder Castle. I honestly don't like most of the later/rare games but WW and TC are exceptions. I don't understand the buzz about Diner. Many people love it.  I think it's horrible... it's like an Atari game ... but to each his own I guess.   

Thunder Castle is amazing.  What a great game that pushes the system to it's limits in terms of graphics and sound!  But you know what's even better?  The homebrew hack Mystic Castle!!  It speeds up your knight and makes it even more enjoyable as you can kill more things and play longer.  I have it and it is actually one of my all time favorite games.  It is incredible and I highly recommend getting it!

 

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/orderroms.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s soooo cool! I wasn’t very hopeful trying Thunder.... but wow, I instantly became very addicted. You’re right. The graphics, the music ... all the screen levels .... one of the best games in the whole collection.

 

I will check out the revised edition :) 
 

Ironically while we were playing Night Stalker a few weeks ago, I kept getting flashbacks of Thunder Castle :) I never realized they have a similar feel to them. Love them both !!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Luckily I have both carts LOL :). I played Utopia back in the day ... and as luck would have it, I started collecting intellivision games before the prices got crazy. I picked up many rare games - of course not all of them ... but I did get Pac Man and Worm Whomper. I never played Pac Man. I never felt the need to play it (until now :) ) ... But I did have a go or two at Worm Whomper. If it came out in 1982 it would have been a gem classic, same as Thunder Castle. I honestly don't like most of the later/rare games but WW and TC are exceptions. I don't understand the buzz about Diner. Many people love it.  I think it's horrible... it's like an Atari game ... but to each his own I guess.   

Worm Whomper was done by the same guy that did Dreadnaught Factor, AD&D, Tarmin, and Sub Hunt.  Thunder Castle was done under Mattel and I agree about Diner.  Of the cartridges by INTV Corp; Spiker, SMB, Body Slam, Commando, Mountain Madness aren't bad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Worm Whomper was done by the same guy that did Dreadnaught Factor, AD&D, Tarmin, and Sub Hunt.  Thunder Castle was done under Mattel and I agree about Diner.  Of the cartridges by INTV Corp; Spiker, SMB, Body Slam, Commando, Mountain Madness aren't bad.

Tom Loughry was an awesome game designer.  Those first 5 games you mentioned are some of the best games for the system.  He was very talented!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Worm Whomper was done by the same guy that did Dreadnaught Factor, AD&D, Tarmin, and Sub Hunt.  Thunder Castle was done under Mattel and I agree about Diner.  Of the cartridges by INTV Corp; Spiker, SMB, Body Slam, Commando, Mountain Madness aren't bad.

That’s a great lineup! Anyone who did AD&D (which was a 10/10 in it’s day) is in my good books !!! :) 
 

One INTV that I feel is overlooked is “Super Decathlon” AND Super Basketball”. I really loved the original basketball .... but the Super Basketball.... HOLY COW  !!!! Talk about value for your dollar !!! Of all the revised sports games, the Basketball takes the cake! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we have another Activision winner on our hands! I just wish the sfx were lower so I could hear the music throughout. I like that it's unlike most shooters in that you can touch the bugs and you won't die. Grabbing a new sprayer from the farm would've been real helpful in Nightstalker amiright? And with the way this one scores, I'm betting we'll see some crazy highs this round.

 

45,990 Round 12

212361617_WormWhomper2020-08-1718_46_14.thumb.png.d0d12e13a45aeb88f205cd66dfdb63be.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Looks like we have another Activision winner on our hands! I just wish the sfx were lower so I could hear the music throughout. I like that it's unlike most shooters in that you can touch the bugs and you won't die. Grabbing a new sprayer from the farm would've been real helpful in Nightstalker amiright? And with the way this one scores, I'm betting we'll see some crazy highs this round.

Agreed, it's such a fun and addicting game!  I prefer this type of game over Night Stalker to be honest.  Much faster and more fun to play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...