Jump to content
JacobZu7zu7

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 6 - Worm Whomper / Utopia Bonus

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yes there is a trick to get a perfect 100 points per round, and that is not in the manual.

No trick at all. Math. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

No trick at all. Math. 

Math tricks maybe?  LOL

 

I don't mean any crazy tricks or anything.  It's just a certain strategy that is not spelled out in the manual.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I don't mean any crazy tricks or anything.  It's just a certain strategy that is not spelled out in the manual.

Or just pay attention to how your score changes based on what you build. It may be a little chaotic at first, but gets pretty clear as you get closer to 100.

 

AKA: Math the shit out of it! 

 

🙂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Or just pay attention to how your score changes based on what you build. It may be a little chaotic at first, but gets pretty clear as you get closer to 100.

 

AKA: Math the shit out of it! 

 

🙂

Zach Galifianakis Reaction GIF

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BiffMan said:

Man, what is it with me and near-misses on Activision patches? LOL... 

 

73,833

20200819_180617.jpg

Almost there man.... :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rickster8 said:

Almost there man.... :)

Why does that game kill my firing thumb so bad? I don't have to press hard, yet I *have* to press hard... Lol. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Why does that game kill my firing thumb so bad? I don't have to press hard, yet I *have* to press hard... Lol. 

Same here!  Absolutely annihilates the thumb. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Can’t feel my thumb anymore.

New Club Record:

241,499

22FC1628-3504-4801-A5D2-13150A7836B6.jpeg

Dude.  Stop.  

 

(For the good of your health, not because I'm concerned it's impossible for me to top your score or anything)

 

🙂  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Can’t feel my thumb anymore.

New Club Record:

241,499

22FC1628-3504-4801-A5D2-13150A7836B6.jpeg

WOW!!! I don't see how on earth you are doing this... Do you have smart bombs that kill the entire screen and if so how many do you get each round? 😜

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rickster8 said:

WOW!!! I don't see how on earth you are doing this... Do you have smart bombs that kill the entire screen and if so how many do you get each round? 😜

Yup, I have a secret stash of smart bombs, and to get them you have to input the Konami code on the start screen. 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd Entry for Utopia - More improvement on the right Island.... I tried the left Island again and it was somewhat underwhelming. Not quite sure how you guys are Rocking the Casbah with that side....? 🤔

 

2,393 - 30T / 45S

 

UT(2393)S13.jpg.6f12bf061d4c9804452b4612f295361e.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

3rd Entry for Utopia - More improvement on the right Island.... I tried the left Island again and it was somewhat underwhelming. Not quite sure how you guys are Rocking the Casbah with that side....? 🤔

 

2,393 - 30T / 45S

 

UT(2393)S13.jpg.6f12bf061d4c9804452b4612f295361e.jpg

I always thought the right island scored better, but lately I’m finding out it really doesn’t matter which island you use. All depends on the weather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yup, I have a secret stash of smart bombs, and to get them you have to input the Konami code on the start screen. 😉

Do you have to map the A and B buttons to specific inputs, or is it sufficient to just glue the A&B buttons from another controller onto my Intellivision controller?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BiffMan said:

Do you have to map the A and B buttons to specific inputs, or is it sufficient to just glue the A&B buttons from another controller onto my Intellivision controller?

Well, it’s a bit harder than that. You actually have to separate the controller from the Intellivision motherboard, and then hardwire an NES controller to it in order for it to work. Takes a bit of time but totally worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...