IGNORED

Coleco Super Action Controller repairs for hire?

tripletopper

Hello I noticed there were some new joypads on a different topic  but the problem is I prefer sticks.  (And also the pad isn't ambidextrous when it easily could be by 180ing the design.)

I kind of like the design of the super action joysticks but the problem is they are very fragile.  I know that you have to take your joy sticks to the sanding spa every so often cuz those buttons will stop working.  I have occasionally fixed paddles by isopropylholing the potentiometer chamber, and I may have fixed minor ColecoVision super action button failure,. But if minor cleaning doesn't fix it it needs to go to the spa.

first of all are there any ColecoVision super action controller repairers for hire?

Second I noticed that best electronics California has made super buttons for the 5200 controllers.  Maybe there's a way we could have built a bionic super action controller, with buttons that are way less maintenance then the original ones.

I assume the buttons are considered digital and not analog.  if that's the case then why can't we replace them with more Street Fighter type buttons except contoured to be grabbed like a super extra controller, like finger bumpers?  of course if the buttons were originally designed as analog, that would kind of kill the whole point.

Likewise I noticed when I took it apart the joystick was an eight-part Daisy wheel that had eight separate actuators for each of the eight diagonals.  this implies that someone was thinking of making it a 16 way controller if you tween between a cardinal and a diagonal and get a tertiary.  Do any of the super action specific games utilize 16 way motion?  

If none of the games require 16 ways of motion then maybe I have a theory of how to make a joystick and have it be preserved.

I assume you can use a real roller from the super extra controller and real keypad and Y-connect them with a dual DB9 and not touch the joystick and button functions on the real controller and have a more durable, auxiliary fightstick be adaptable for the ColecoVision.   I have bought a fightstick PCB from Edladdin for that specific purpose.

Maybe it is a waste of money to have super extra controllers just repaired with the exact same OEM parts that are going to break apart the exact same way.   if that's the case I should just hope the keypad and roller still work and Y-connect them and hook up with a real fight stick that you would find in the fight stick community.

Edited by tripletopper
Corrected a couple speech to text mistakes.