IGNORED

Confessional

This is a safe place.  A place of truth and trust.  There is no judgement here.  You may admit, here, to loving the games that everyone hates.  I'll start.

Sewer Shark on the 3DO.  I know, I know.  It's essentially a workplace abuse simulator.  But I'll be damned if I don't love everything about it.  Or damned if I do.  Not sure which. ?

Obsession Pinball on the Amiga.  Especially Aquatic Zone.  I know that everyone raves about Pinball Dreams.  But, to me, Obsession Pinball is the better by far.

Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within on PC.  Yes, the acting is bad and the plot makes game progression hard to accomplish.  But I just love the thing.

Now c'mon.  Don't be shy.  We're all friends here.

Me as a Kid ---

Bayou Billy on NES -- one of my favorites.  I saved up the money to buy it after renting it multiple times.

Simon's Quest was my favorite Castlevania and I wished 1 and 3 were more like it.

I loved Zelda 2!  And thought Zelda 1 was just "ok."

I asked for Blades of Steel as a present because I thought it was gonna be some sort of game with swords.  It put me on the path to being a lifelong hockey fan.  I don't suppose this is a game that everyone hates, but embarrassing all the same.

Me as an older kid ---

Sega CD came along and I thought Sewer Shark, Dracula, and Tomcat Alley could be the greatest things ever.  Tomcat Alley was the one time that I can recall myself saying that dumb ass phrase that I've heard so much all my life --- "graphics can't get better than this!"   I tried to support my statement with "it's live action!"

Also, I loved Phantasmagoria and Beast Within was my favorite Gabriel Knight   ?

Regarding gaming, there have been many times I tended to lean on the unpopular side of things.

1987- I went into Toys"R"Us with my dad to purchase an NES and instead walked out with a Sega Master System.

1996- After playing Twisted Metal 2 several days in a row, I concluded that I preferred the original Twisted Metal.

1998- I sold my Sony Playstation and bought a Sega Saturn (Net Link Edition) at EB Games in the mall. Everyone working there thought I was nuts.

2003- I traded my PS2 in at Gamestop for a Gamecube. Once again the employees there thought I was crazy.

2007- I traded my Xbox 360 in towards two Sony PSP consoles and a bunch of multiplayer LAN play games. (Yeah, this one I later regretted).

9 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

The CDi Zelda games, with a decent CDi controller they just become regular platformers, and aren't that bad.

Your ability to think on your own and actually realize that very fact says a lot about you.  I had Link Faces of Evil in the day, bought Hotel Mario too but not the other Zelda wand game (and thankfully not the broken adventure either.)  If you use the included console thumb stick the games are 100% insufferably problematic, but if you get the gravis gamepad clone they had, it's like Zelda II with a momentary load here and there for the stages or FMV sequences which is no big deal.  Same can be said for Hotel Mario which is like Elevator Action+Mario World aesthetics mixed together and it's actually pretty fun.