IGNORED

Seeking info on Beta Fighter Atari 400/800 Cassette Complete Rare

Jay11

I recently came across a Atari 400/800 Cassette game tilted Beta Fighter The Ultimate Spacegunner Challenge. I am part of another video game group and they pointed me to Atari Age to try and seek some information. From what I was give the game is super rare/ non existent. I was wondering if anyone could provide any info and possibly what they think the value is? Thanks for any help!

atari.jpg

Edited by Jay11
grammer

2 hours ago, Jay11 said:

I recently came across a Atari 400/800 Cassette game tilted Beta Fighter The Ultimate Spacegunner Challenge. I am part of another video game group and they pointed me to Atari Age to try and seek some information. From what I was give the game is super rare/ non existent. I was wondering if anyone could provide any info and possibly what they think the value is? Thanks for any help!

atari.jpg

Is this a picture of your copy or did you take the picture from the Internet?

There are a few of buyers that sometimes pay a lot for software but most of the Atari 8-bit software that is put up on eBay is not worth what sellers try to get for them. The stuff just sits there for months or even years. The recent one on eBay went high but I would say it is definitely not worth $167.50. Ouch. I haven't seen an Artworx title ever go even close to that. I guess something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Bottom line. This game in particular is available as an ATR on the Net. It seemed to be one of Artworx better selling games outside of Strip Poker, which was their biggest.

It would be great if you could archive it. Please consider scanning the manual and box if you can.

15 minutes ago, Allan said:

There are a few of buyers that sometimes pay a lot for software but most of the Atari 8-bit software that is put up on eBay is not worth what sellers try to get for them. The stuff just sits there for months or even years. The recent one on eBay went high but I would say it is definitely not worth $167.50. Ouch. I haven't seen an Artworx title ever go even close to that. I guess something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Bottom line. This game in particular is available as an ATR on the Net. It seemed to be one of Artworx better selling games outside of Strip Poker, which was their biggest.

It would be great if you could archive it. Please consider scanning the manual and box if you can.

Thanks for the information Allan it is very helpful! 

9 hours ago, Jay11 said:

It is a copy of mine.

Funny that you were able to arrange the content exactly like the one on eBay which Allan pointed out was sold for $167.50 on August 17. You started this thread one or two days later, depending on time zones so either you were the one who bought it or you are using a stolen picture pretending it is yours.

Going by other Artworx titles sold recently, they range from $15-$30 (Bridge 4.0 and Compubridge) to $100 (Strip Poker in a worn box). I think title recognition makes a bigger difference than rarity in this case. Someone has listed a loose tape for $175 but if it is considered that $167 was somewhat of an overprice for a complete copy in worn condition, it is not much to go on.

Edit: For archival purposes because eBay removes info after a while, there were four bidders, all placing a bid at the last second.

Winning bidder c**u had two bids, $26 and then the winning $167.50

Second highest bidder a**m had one bid $165

Third highest bidder e**5 had one bid $57

Lowest bidder 2**h had two bids, $26 and $30 and probably wasn't seriously going for it

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, carlsson said:

Funny that you were able to arrange the content exactly like the one on eBay which Allan pointed out was sold for $167.50 on August 17. You started this thread one or two days later, depending on time zones so either you were the one who bought it or you are using a stolen picture pretending it is yours.

Haha! Good catch! Even the title of the listing is identical to the OP's thread title :rolling:

8-20-2020 9-03-37 AM.jpg

Edited by NISMOPC
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Atarigrub said:

I'd imagine Jay11 is probably the seller (jhoover11), but not sure what he's trying find out from this post? Has the original buyer not paid up? Does he feel that he could have obtained more $ from the sale??

I am the seller and just was curious with no other comps out there. I am in another video game forum and they pointed me to ATARIAGE. Most everyone in there had never seen it and wasn't sure of estimates for the game. I put it on auction and received this amount. I shipped it out to the buyer today.