IGNORED

Is it me or is Hobgoblin HARD..

Mclaneinc

With the demo for HGII posted by XXL I decided to have a play of the first game, now I love a Ghost 'n' Goblins game variant as much as the next person and considering the sprites etc I think its a lovely game but boy is it punishing or what?

Now I knock myself for fun but I wasn't an awful player BITD and I still love a game or 3 and I get through even with the arthritis etc but I'm struggling with HG...

Certainly a challenge even with me adding a cheat which is how I don't want to play it as much as I do love a cheat...(address $0068 if interested and I know about the Ctrl L as well)

If anything its made me want to beat it more and I love the game with HGII looking superb (but as hard)..

Any games you have found just super tough?

• Like 1

As for the game engine, H2 is much more advanced than H1. There are no pixel-perfect collisions, collision tolerance is added, collision strength is also configured (some objects with the same distance tolerance will not cause collisions) and temporary immortality after collision, not instant death. Besides, whether the game will be difficult depends on the level-desiner.

Edited by xxl
  • Like 1

Its certainly that and in H1 the collision detection is a bit suspect, I've been hit MANY times with the enemy at least 2 pixel off me, to be fair I would have been hit anyway in these cases but a little annoying that it registers before a hit. And H2 looks the nuts, way more advanced but just as hard...

Any other games people found rock hard?

We get whatever RAF Northolt has, normally Chinooks but during the Games we had some dirty great big booming planes, tornado's?

Edit: Was infact the very plane you mentioned, I knew there was a T in the nam, ie Typhoon...

Edited by Mclaneinc

It has been a year or two since I played HG, but I recall it being one of those games that you just have to learn where to be a the right moment, and having perfect timing, etc., each time I got a little further in the game, but it wasn't so hard I gave up or was angry at it. However I don't think I have finished the game either.

21 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

With the demo for HGII posted by XXL I decided to have a play of the first game, now I love a Ghost 'n' Goblins game variant as much as the next person and considering the sprites etc I think its a lovely game but boy is it punishing or what?

Now I knock myself for fun but I wasn't an awful player BITD and I still love a game or 3 and I get through even with the arthritis etc but I'm struggling with HG...

Certainly a challenge even with me adding a cheat which is how I don't want to play it as much as I do love a cheat...(address $0068 if interested and I know about the Ctrl L as well)

If anything its made me want to beat it more and I love the game with HGII looking superb (but as hard)..

Any games you have found just super tough?

It is a tough game. We played it in the HSC a few years ago. I completed it, but not without a fair amount of effort as I remember.

I'm looking forward to playing the new one

15 minutes ago, McKong said:

It is a tough game. We played it in the HSC a few years ago. I completed it, but not without a fair amount of effort as I remember.

I'm looking forward to playing the new one

I just looked back and it seems that two of us completed it during that round of the HSC. 

I managed a clean run, .i.e. losing no lives.

I do remember thinking it felt like a tough game when I started playing it.

Reading the forum, it looks like screen 9 is difficult. TRBB posted some hints at the time, maybe they'll help

Hobgoblin1.png

Hobgoblin2.png

Hobgoblin3.png

Edited by McKong