IGNORED

The Atari 2600 Good, Bad and Ugly

Marco

After collecting Atari 2600 stuff for almost 40 years I finally found some time to arrange my stuff and take pictures. When going through my storage boxes it struck me how many unusual stuff I've gathered over the years. I figured it would be fun to share it. Hope you will share your weird Atari stuff too! Only one rule: no pics of regular USA NTSC release?

IMG_8388.JPG

• Like 6

Thank-you for sharing these, @Marco

My favourite has to be Atlantis -- with the game title added almost as an afterthought and cover art ripped directly from the Atari catalogue. The Taiwanese flag in the astronaut's hand is a subtle addition.  

I love how prominently the Sears Telegames console is listed on the box. These consoles are very rare in Canada (as they were never sold here BITD); I can only imagine that they would have utterly no name recognition in Europe/Asia/Australia. 

5 hours ago, Ballblaɀer said:

Alright, we can't let Marco have all the fun here! Here's a boxed title from "Supermax", which is a brand that I don't think has been otherwise documented:

DSC_4964.thumb.jpg.19ab7f96f401db3bdb685cfdd60d7095.jpg DSC_4963.thumb.jpg.f007e2bfbc86dd2fd74eeb8acbd0d05f.jpg

Arise and post, fellow weird-Atari-stuff collectors! I'll definitely be posting some more to keep this thread going...

Love it!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, high voltage said:

When I purchased X-Man in 1983, it was 140 DM, I never would've bought 8

Holy crap, that was a lot of money back then!  I remember my neighbours a couple floors below buying Air-Sea Battle for 129.00 Marks around 82 from 1.000 Toepfe in Hamburg and being shocked how expensive it was.  Mind you I got my Atari for Xmas later that year for 299 Marks.

• Like 1

Here are two of my favorite 2600 carts from Taiwan...

1) Unknown 4-in-1 cartridge with Grand Prix, Basketball, Othello, and Seaquest (...what, did you think Mario Bros. might be included?)

DSC_4723.thumb.jpg.70425c66b3386d4c7ca9aa3fc0f1e198.jpg  DSC_4726.thumb.jpg.fa7105f94a37cce9f5513c0ff3ec9595.jpg

Unknown 16-in-1 featuring label artwork with... well, that's Mario, but... wow, haha. Unfortunately I can only get 4 of the games to work, but someone was kind enough to provide me with a translation of the titles. Someday I hope to be able to play Bear and Anchovy (yeah, it's most likely Frostbite, but WHAT IF IT'S NOT?!) :lol:

DSC_4728.thumb.jpg.ee16a3dc740e8be640a7d0201f8f039b.jpg  DSC_4729.thumb.jpg.7783691d879febc51cce8eaf40532d15.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 1:45 PM, Marco said:

Carrera collection - US Games with some alternate titles and different color scheme - sold in (at least) England, Germany and The Netherlands.

IMG_8408.JPG

In another world... the Netherlands... the untitled 2600 game got a name, and it was LAAAME!

• Haha 1