IGNORED

Which model Intellivision should I get?

3 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Yeah that's what I figured. Ah yes good point on kapton tape. I don't really care that it's missing the original styrofoam and quite possibly used (and misrepresented by the seller), so long as it's in good cosmetic shape and works. Fingers crossed!

Exactly what you said!?

Then, its a great deal.

• Thanks 1

Envious! I now have a really nice INTV III that works great (with the controllers with the good keypads too!) , but due to the controllers being the way they are I need to keep it close to me....which is not so ideal. I will be on the hunt for one of these Sears units down the road. Nice score if it is in the shape you are expecting!

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, stupus said:

You can put controller extensions on the sears too, which is really nice ;)

On an off note, controller extension cords are not made today like they were used to if nobody has noticed. The old extension cables from Archer and Gemini are awesome. Much better built cables than what you get today. I still have a 10FT and a 20FT (20 feet!) cable from Gemini sealed in the packages for when I need them. Not sure I ever need to be that far away though ;) Still, good to have.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stupus said:

Thats for sure! Wico made some nice extensions too.

I notice even the old rf cables that came with old consoles are much better than even your "fancy" new ones.

The old RF cables (stiff as hell black wire) are the only ones I can use to get a crisp RF signal on my Wega.

I actually have been hoarding those RF cables for years ;)

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, eightbit said:

Envious! I now have a really nice INTV III that works great (with the controllers with the good keypads too!) , but due to the controllers being the way they are I need to keep it close to me....which is not so ideal. I will be on the hunt for one of these Sears units down the road. Nice score if it is in the shape you are expecting!

You need the reset button close by as well.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got around to unboxing my Sears unit. One end of the box is still factory sealed, while the seller taped the open end, but luckily just with painter's tape which did not leave any residue. Everything is damn near flawless. There's a little bit of something on the grill on the upper right side, but other than that, I haven't seen a spec of dust! The baggies for the RF cord and adapter and manual appear to be brand new and possibly never opened, and the Poker and Blackjack is still sealed. Most importantly, the console works great with a nice, clear picture. I'm a very happy camper! ?
Here are some pics...

0BC0F117-8542-46F8-8E2D-9670A9BDD32B.jpeg

053D4E3B-9448-4067-8918-065C02AA2103.jpeg

0B93F964-151B-4486-B41B-95350EAEDD22.jpeg

255B0C5D-3F44-48CF-A566-64DE2A0B79A7.jpeg

BA89E669-F56B-4C3F-9BB1-259D6C7E5443.jpeg

03289BD7-3529-4950-9F12-09B1D6EF6ED0.jpeg

• Like 4

That looks really nice!

Those are melt marks on the grill. This happens when the rubber cords are in contact with the plastic for an extended period.

The brown part on these is very susceptible to that. I recommend with any console or computer to never let the cords contact the plastic shell when storing it. Wrap in plastic or paper etc...or put a layer between contact points.

Certain plastics and certain rubber seems worse. If the cords are dirty or oily it also seems worse. But it can happen to any with enough time. Happens bad to pongs, astrocade lids and cheaper systems plastic especially.