IGNORED

Help With Missing Capacitor

MartyMcFlyJr

Hey everyone!  Been a long time lurker on the forum!  I recently bought an Atari Lynx II on eBay that did not work.  When I turned it on, I got a blank screen shown in the attached image image.  

My first order of business to repair the console was to do a full re-cap and as well as a voltage regulator rebuild which includes the Zener Diode, MOFSET, the Q8/Q8 3906 transistors and R74 30 ohm resistor.

While replacing the R37 30 Ohm resistor, I de-soldered the C36 capacitor on accident.  Because those 2 components were so close to each other I confused their location and desoldered the wrong one.  Please reference the picture for a detailed look.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to get a suitable replacement for C36.  As of right now the console will not power on.  I don't know too much about electronics and would very much appreciate and advice. 

Thank you all in advance!

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

No...your LCD issue is due to bad rotted pixes within the LCD itself. You will need to get a replacement LCD or look into an LCD upgrade kit.

Also, make sure when you replaced that small surface mount diode that you installed it the correct way. If you don't it won't allow the power to go through to the rest of the power regulation.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

No...your LCD issue is due to bad rotted pixes within the LCD itself. You will need to get a replacement LCD or look into an LCD upgrade kit.

Also, make sure when you replaced that small surface mount diode that you installed it the correct way. If you don't it won't allow the power to go through to the rest of the power regulation.

Thank you -^CrossBow^- I will make sure the diode is going in the right direction!  I plan on installing the BennVenn LCD screen if I can get things to work.  Cheers!