IGNORED

Brawn and Brains - New Atari Jaguar Game Collection!

Albert

With the price of carts being so high to produce even with 3D printing these compilations are the way to go, imho.  When the NUON was on its last legs and they turned to homebrew it was necessary to come up with a good menu system and loader for all the different homebrews so you did not have to burn so many CDs to play a homebrew and could have compilations.  I love this compilation trend going on with Jag cartridges.

• Like 3

Awesome! So does somebody have the molds for the Jaguar cartridge? How are there so many different shells being made? Anybody using 3D printer? Just curious where all the shells are coming from.  

Also where are people getting all of the white box inserts that hold the cartridges? I understand this is a cartridge only release for this game. 

8 minutes ago, Machine said:

This is truely the golden age for homebrews!!!!  You are killing it Al!!! Is this coming out with the other Jag titles or a little later?

Not clear just yet.  If not with the other new games, shouldn't be too much later after them. 

..Al

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

Albert did buy a set of molds, IIRC.

Makes sense , there was a guy years ago selling the molds for the Jaguar cartridges and console (not sure what else without checking my emails) ,that were owned by the guys who purchased them for dental equipment. Wasn’t sure if maybe somebody or Albert bought those. Just was curious how everybody is sourcing the materials (carts , inserts , ect ) for these new Jaguar releases. 

1 hour ago, tripled79 said:

Do+The Same!!!!

Yes, a game that (imho) has never got the resepect or exposure it deserves. Hopefully more people will get to play it with this compilation.

Matmook knocked it right out of the park with this release, especially considering the date it was released.

Do The Same? Don't mind if I do!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Yes, a game that (imho) has never got the resepect or exposure it deserves. Hopefully more people will get to play it with this compilation.

Matmook knocked it right out of the park with this release, especially considering the date it was released.

I agree 100%. That game alone would justify the price of a cart.

11 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I'm gonna have to fire up my copy of Jagware 1.0 and play it again! If I recall I had issues submitting my scores. Anywho...

On 8/23/2020 at 9:56 AM, BuddyBuddies said:

Makes sense , there was a guy years ago selling the molds for the Jaguar cartridges and console (not sure what else without checking my emails) ,that were owned by the guys who purchased them for dental equipment. Wasn’t sure if maybe somebody or Albert bought those.

Don't tell me you missed this thread Buddy:

I know it was all high drama at the time, but I read through pages and pages of this cracking up when I first found AtariAge, and somewhere buried in there is the ownership history of the Jaguar console & cartridge molds IIRC.

Still waiting for that purple and turquoise swirl translucent Jaguar case run.... With a unicorn imprint added on it.  And stickers.  And a pony.

On 8/27/2020 at 6:10 PM, cubanismo said:

Don't tell me you missed this thread Buddy:

I know it was all high drama at the time, but I read through pages and pages of this cracking up when I first found AtariAge, and somewhere buried in there is the ownership history of the Jaguar console & cartridge molds IIRC.

Still waiting for that purple and turquoise swirl translucent Jaguar case run.... With a unicorn imprint added on it.  And stickers.  And a pony.

LOL, I missed that thread for sure.  Thanks for the link buddy, I’ll check it out ?

Edited by BuddyBuddies

27 minutes ago, BuddyBuddies said:

LOL, I missed that thread for sure.  Thanks for the link buddy, I’ll check it out ?

It's a hell of a ride! Enjoy reading and be sure to watch the various videos that where posted and made about that "project" along the way by various people. There are some good after the fact follow up videos as well. The Mike Kennedy Coleco Chameleon debacle is so infamous it will never be forgotten, and not in a good way either. It's a fun ride with some good laughs though so enjoy ol' buddy! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Brawn and Brains on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

151712852_20220809-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.5fb70217ec98875f5c7def7b527d1dde.jpg