• Aquatron & Repton
    • Tomb Based Theme Round (4 Weeks)
    • Ramp Rage & River Rat
    • Kik-Start
    • AE & Threshold

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2020 at 03:00 PM

We'll give my picks another run through then have a fresh set of games, please update the games list thread guys, I think we need to pep it up a bit ;)

Fandal has the games

ataraimania has the info

Poll closes after the current round

Hi-Jack (E.S.C.) PAL Only

A lesser known, really good rescue game, the superb giant trees make you jump (and crash!).

Hijack!

Whistler's Brother

One of my favourite games ever.

Whistler's Brother atari screenshot

Aquatron & Repton

Great scrolling shooter, nearly as good as defender and dropzone, really. Repton may be worth a HSC debut?

aquatron.png.b08c08e87322f4ec864b04b580287ae4.pngrepton.png.2070f94e3aec5be695cb28138b9883f7.png

Tomb Based Extended Theme Round

some ideas:

Pharaohs CurseLost TombKing Tuts TombPharaoh's PyramidPharoah's TombTutankhamLorien's Tomb

Ramp Rage (v1.2) & River Rat

That trbb is always sneaking his own games into the HSC... danm right I am! River Rat is a fun game, Ramp Rage is loosely River Rat on Steroids :-o

ramp_rage.png.3eb9a2cd9ecf387e710d67102b1373f4.pngriver_rat.png.d2cb5345b6f21b26d4b3d7019055f554.png

Kik-Start

Crazy bike breaking fun!

Kik-Start

AE & Threshold

Both played not too long ago but both decent shooters

ae.png.30841b63933374efbabd8c4fed8cc67f.pngthreshold.png.65aaf67830ae4c1fb9f8cb5149989e0b.png

baja_buggies.png

axis_assassin.png

parallax.png

repton.png

repton.png

King Tut's Tomb has been mentioned a few times, but I can't see that it was played.

All three of Lost Tomb, Pharaoh's Curse and Tutankham were part of a bonus round in season 7 (Time for Desert), i.e. July 2010 so that would be a little over 10 years ago those three were played in the HSC.

Pharaoh's Tomb doesn't seem to have been mentioned before, perhaps less known being a BASIC game but if we go by Atarimania ratings it would be the highest rated of these five.

Previously I wrote that perhaps three games are enough but if we really intend to have round 17 last for up to 4 weeks, all five games may be required for some variation. I do think though that Puzznic and Q*Bert games don't belong in the theme, even if they have graphics and names that make them sound like tomb games.