IGNORED

Fujiama 2021

Mathy

Hello guys and girls

After the bad news that the Fujiama 2020 can and will not take place this year, we just now got some very good news.  Mr. V. has announced today that he's striving to make next years meeting, the Fujiama 2021, last a whole week again.  A date hasn't been set yet.  Location will probably be the same as ever, the Schützenhaus in 08485 Lengenfeld.

Hope to see you all there next year.

Mathy

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

Mr. V. has announce when the Fujiama 2021 will take place:

The Fujiama 2021 will last a week and start on midnight from Saturday the 11th of September on Sunday the 12th of September 2021 and last until Saturday the 18th of September sometime during the day.

Please note that, unlike other years, the Fujiama 2021 will end on Saturday, not Sunday!!!

Sincerely

Mathy

PS prices will be raised slightly to cover the increased cost, but only moderately.

PPS those who will be visiting the Fujiama 2021 can use Doodle to inform us when they will be present.

Edited by Mathy
Added Doodle link

• 5 months later...

Hello guys (m/f)

Seven months and seven days until the Fujiama starts.  Or 219 days.  Who's planning to come?

Looking forward to it.

Sincerely

Mathy

PS If you've never been to the Fujiama, please look at my Atari Meetings page or just ask.  Quite a lot of people here on AtariAge have visited the Fujiama.  We don't want you to be disappointed because you expected the Fujiama to be something it is not.  Most people who've been there love it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello guys

I've got some VERY good news.  Mr. V. announced today that the Fujiama 2021 will last a day longer.  It will still start at midnight from Saturday the 11th on Sunday the 12th of September, but the end will be on Sunday the 19th instead of Saturday the 18th, as announced before.

Meaning those who come from far and can only take a few days off of work, can stay longer.  (Hmmm, well, you know what I mean)  And we can still have sausages from the grill on Saturday.  :grin:

Sincerely

Mathy     (Who is more than happy about this news)

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 2

Hello Michael

1 hour ago, mytek said:

Stop talking about those damn sausages, you're making me drool ? . I remember those from my trips through your country and Germany many years ago, they are absolutely to die for.

I don't want you to die.  But maybe this will insure that you're on the next group photo:

Wurst%20und%20Semmel.jpg

This is how we enjoy them:

pic_0209.jpg

(I'll just mention the guys you guys might know) In blue on the left: atarixle, red T-shirt: Sleepy, blue t-shirt facing the grill and the guy in the white t-shirt next to him: Developers of the SIO2USB interface (not the SIO2PCviaUSB interface!), tall guy in the white t-shirt: me, black t-shirt: cas.

And these are (most of) the people that visited the Fujiama in 2019:

Gruppenfoto%20Fujiama%202019.JPG

(I see that AtariAge shrinks the picture.  For a full size picture, please visite my meetings page, where you can also find the (nick)names of the people in the picture.)

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Haha strange.

The registration worked - but strangely enough the URL you restistered from was like "" (nothing, empty string).

I did not understand how you did this. Anyway, your name is on the list now.

Edited by atarixle

Ah I see it has to do with the HTTP and HTTPS changes on the ABBUC Server.

Btw, fujiama.eu is always the best way to go, because everything hosted on abbuc.de is outdated meanwhile.

Both atarixle.de and fujiama.eu always (re)direct you to the most up-to-date versions of my web-sites.

Edited by atarixle
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello guys (m/f/x)

I've finally got the video from the Fujiama 2008 to run on my site again.  Two of the links to Google Maps were bad and the link to Sascha's time-lapse movie from the Fujiama 2012 has been fixed too.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

I'd love to attend, but because of travel restrictions and other practical concerns, it looks like I won't be able to make it this time. I really wanted to go also because I teach myself some assembler and wanted to have learn more, by having some face to face discussions. When Mathy posted a picture of the kids playing midimaze or posts reminders I suffer a little bit every time. I was a great experience and I was received with hospitality after the long trip, I met a lot of nice, gentle and very smart people,  and I even made some good friends. 

If you can afford doing the trip and taking some days off, please go, share your experiences, show your projects, and don't miss the sausages (Weißwust?). 

Edited by manterola
  • Like 2

Hello guys

Let me post some pictures to give you an impression of what happens at the Fujiama.  (And maybe convince some of you to come)

1036914121_Fujiama2013BBQ.thumb.JPG.5b9518198ca6e0c38ee95f1f97bd0ad2.JPG

1629413462_Fujiama2018-animpression.thumb.jpg.142fd088f5ba5e577a1194507fae6a61.jpg

2105878406_Fujiama2019fromthepodium1.thumb.JPG.ffdd74e11dcc4b11c86d24313044651f.JPG

234564143_Fujiama2019somechattinggoingon.thumb.JPG.7a47951c7889af0faa06815b2b3f725d.JPG

520974309_Fujiama2019fromthebreakfastarea.thumb.JPG.6c30cd2c8853ffcfc05cb361756d9fa4.JPG

521871_Fujiama2019Assemblecourse.thumb.JPG.fbbab33e85bc07dd26d572cf9e887314.JPG

8bitjunkie's assembler course.  I couldn't get everyone present in one picture.  IIRC the course lasted a couple of hours during a couple of days.

1181740344_Fujiama2019plentyofspaceintheparkinglot.thumb.JPG.55d21d090691a471639e2e4e4f754719.JPG

An impression of the parking lot.  Plenty of space of our cars.  Mine isn't even in the picture.  The buildings in the back aren't part of the Schützenhaus.  Between that tree on the right and the trees in the picture below...

DSC04102.jpg

... there is even more space to place a tent.

2083241040_Fujiama2019chattingplayingetc.thumb.JPG.3ffc9574c0073f5e767491cb979cff13.JPG

1325652631_Fujiama2019fromthepodium2.thumb.JPG.c09046efdbe078f3f5359d68b7e01dc6.JPG

1761072179_PlayingMidiMaze.thumb.JPG.2cd0258e14b01eb43932d85aa38b3930.JPG

Setting up to plays MIDI Maze.  Both sides of the table are joining in.

1186154316_Fujiama2019MoreBBQ.thumb.JPG.f533c51b296a28410f5dcf2388718a80.JPG

Saturday evening means sausages from the grill.

DSC04197.jpg

The Schützenhaus from a bit farther away.  This is the side of the building where we have the BBQ, take most of the group fotos and you can see the parking lot with our cars .

Did I mention already that I am looking forward to the Fujiama 2021 and that I am looking forward to see everybody (including I hope some people here on AtariAge that I haven't met before) already? ;-)

Sincerely

Mathy

PS I'm probably going to play Monex again.  And 2048.  But who am I telling...

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 4

Frustrating as it is but nothing to be done about it, I won't be able to go this year.
Normally I would be moving to a new appartment around this period but that has been postponed to October just this week so can't make the arrangements anymore or get days off at work.

Really was looking forward to my first holiday away since the whole pandemic started but well, 2022 will hopefully be a whole lot more relaxed.

And for those doubting to go, it was my First Fujiama in 2019 , I met so many kind people, finally played a game of MidiMaze using MIDI cables, learned Assembler (well given that I have no knowledge at all but just a programming background) or at least to say people more knowledgeable explained how to create a game in Assembler, hacked around with an ESP with Manterola, played on a 7800, got a chance to speak German again (which I hardly ever speak here in Belgium), it's a week of disconnecting and 100% Atari focus, aside from all the fine food/company and even an museum trip.
If you ever feel that you would like to do something productive on Atari, there is a knowledge base of people gathered in that same room.

I understand @manterola 's emotion , every time I get poked again that Fujiama is becoming closer, there is a sigh knowing what I'll be missing.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys

I tried to make a panoramic foto.  Remember, it's still the first evening.  Local time 20:42.  (For the West-Atlanticians among us, deduct 12 hours and add "PM")

75013189_Fujiama2021foto2.thumb.JPG.cbda37a64e395cf971e264f52846a227.JPG

Sincerely

Mathy

PS we just ordered some food twenty minutes ago.  They told us it'll take two hours.  If you don't hear from us after this, we probably died from starvation.

Edited by Mathy
The picture was very dark
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mathy said:

Hello Mauricio

Not that I know of.  You can find the realtime text here, but it's mostly in German.  The screen will NOT update automatically, you'll have to refresh manually.

Sincerely

Mathy

Thanks Mathy,

I hope you enjoyed (and were able to find) dinner. For what I can see from realtime text, there are several people that already crossed the gates to paradise.  Send my regards to atarixle and his family, Sascha, JAC!, Sleepy, etc. Anke also wrote in realtime so I assume dl7ukk and family are also there, greetings to them as well. And to all other people there in Lengenfeld (Helmut for sure is there!) that I cannot distinguish from your dark pictures ;-).

Best regards!

• Like 1