IGNORED

Any ideas for SG-1000, MSX, or Sord M5 games for ColecoVision?

Go to Pixelboy’s website for news of games that he has in development and plans to release.

Go to Opcode’s Subforum here and his website for info and join his mailing list.

Go to CollectorVision‘s Subforum here for all the latest news and their website for additional info.

Most, if not all, Homebrewers will usually post info here as well.

Also checkout their Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages for info.

2 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Go to Pixelboy’s website for news of games that he has in development and plans to release.

Go to Opcode’s Subforum here and his website for info and join his mailing list.

Go to CollectorVision‘s Subforum here for all the latest news and their website for additional info.

Most, if not all, Homebrewers will usually post info here as well.

Also checkout their Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages for info.

Okay, thanks.

40 minutes ago, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

I'm also wondering if anybody is doing Ascii's game, The Castle. Either the MSX port or SG-1000.

The Castle has been already released for Colecovision ,  i think it is by Collectorvision.

castle-colecovision.jpg

Edited by youki

Didn't someone port a downgraded Metal Gear I to the MSXI?

It makes me wonder if one could port the NES version to the ColecoVision. The way the sprites look definitely makes it seem possible and they aren't very far in power, just that the Famicom has tile game support built in (and it's mandatory) which works well for this style of game. It doesn't really look like it uses much in the way of graphical enhancements in the carts it looks very close to a native Famicom game outside some of the backgrounds. I think it's possible even without the SGM without much sacrafice.

1 hour ago, Leeroy ST said:

Didn't someone port a downgraded Metal Gear I to the MSXI?

It makes me wonder if one could port the NES version to the ColecoVision. The way the sprites look definitely makes it seem possible and they aren't very far in power, just that the Famicom has tile game support built in (and it's mandatory) which works well for this style of game. It doesn't really look like it uses much in the way of graphical enhancements in the carts it looks very close to a native Famicom game outside some of the backgrounds. I think it's possible even without the SGM without much sacrafice.

I barely even know if Metal Gear was released for the original MSX, just only MSX2. Maybe Opcode should add in the V9938 / V9958 and MSX2 codes onto the Super Game Module 2. Also if I'm not mistaking, the ColecoVision has some code with the NES / Famicom itself, maybe from this website: https://rec.games.video.classic.narkive.com/h7k24NV0/cvb-could-colecovision-games-play-on-the-master-system

Also, ColecoVision is playable on SG-1000 and Master System, just find some of the zips here: https://www.smspower.org/forums/9867-SG1000ToColecoVisionPorts

Edited by Taylor the Gaming Guy
  • Like 1

Just now, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

I barely even know if Metal Gear was released for the original MSX, just only MSX2. Maybe Opcode should add in the V9938 / V9958 and MSX2 codes onto the Super Game Module 2. Also if I'm not mistaking, the ColecoVision has double power with the NES / Famicom itself, maybe from this website: https://rec.games.video.classic.narkive.com/h7k24NV0/cvb-could-colecovision-games-play-on-the-master-system

Also, ColecoVision is playable on SG-1000 and Master System, just find some of the zips here: https://www.smspower.org/forums/9867-SG1000ToColecoVisionPorts

I said I believed I heard that someone downgraded it to work on a MSXI.

Also the Famicom and Coleco are pretty similar in power aiming for two different game design philosophies, I don't believe any console released before 1986 is double the power of the NES.

• Like 1

Just now, Leeroy ST said:

I said I believed I heard that someone downgraded it to work on a MSXI.

Also the Famicom and Coleco are pretty similar in power aiming for two different game design philosophies, I don't believe any console released before 1986 is double the power of the NES.

Okay, thanks for telling me.

Regarding the Sord M5, I remember that PowerPac was ported to ColecoVision. Otherwise I'm not sure if the library contains much not already on ColecoVision. Also it is a very small scene for homebrew, and just currently people have started to look into porting more MSX1, SG-1000 and ColecoVision games to the Sord.

Also the reference to the Usenet discussion 15 years ago is not very useful as it clearly was written with tongue in cheek as an attempt to pull legs of unaware readers. The Famicom has a different CPU, different graphics system, different sound, different inputs even than the ColecoVision has. While there are semi-automatic tools to convert code between different architectures, a lot of hand work and complete rewrites are required to get it to run. Without having looked closer at the technical differences in how to program the 9939 (MSX2) vs the 9929 (MSX1), I think it would be a much lesser task to convert any MSX2 code to CV than convert any NES/Famicom code to CV.

• Like 1

If you're in the mood to port an MSX homebrew to the ColecoVision, may I suggest Night Knight? It's a recent release similar to Miner 2049er that looks kinda fun.

Otherwise, I would suggest porting "Do! Run Run" (known as Super Pierrot on the MSX) which looks rather good when compared to the arcade version. Do change the title screen to match the arcade game, please.

There's also The Fairyland Story on MSX which may be interesting to port, given that it has many levels. Fans of Bubble Bobble may enjoy that one.

A port of Lunar Ball could be interesting, or maybe Konami's Boxing.

Just my two cents.  :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

If you're in the mood to port an MSX homebrew to the ColecoVision, may I suggest Night Knight? It's a recent release similar to Miner 2049er that looks kinda fun.

Otherwise, I would suggest porting "Do! Run Run" (known as Super Pierrot on the MSX) which looks rather good when compared to the arcade version. Do change the title screen to match the arcade game, please.

There's also The Fairyland Story on MSX which may be interesting to port, given that it has many levels. Fans of Bubble Bobble may enjoy that one.

A port of Lunar Ball could be interesting, or maybe Konami's Boxing.

Just my two cents.  :)

I'm really wanting to see that, speaking of Lunar Ball, it was released by Pony too. I have ideas for homebrew, how about Final Justice, Swing, and Crusader, I want to see that too.

35 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Night Knight is one I think I suggested elsewhere.  Looks to me like a really fun game and one I'd love to see on the ColecoVision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyBoss said:

Mass Tael/Ascii games already released for the ColecoVision: Telebunny and Sasa. I have been thinking about port Poppaq the fish, but it seem like the game is a bit to simple to be fun?

Hi there CrazyBoss, nice conversions. I think it is a good idea to put it on there, just try. ?

22 minutes ago, Neogeoman said:

Would love to see an SG-1000 PORT of hero and bomb jack. Both have great colors/sprites/gameplay and of course as with most SG games fantastic music and sounds

Dude, I've been thinking the same thing, maybe OPG (Opcode Games), TP (Team Pixelboy), or CVG (CollectorVision) can do that, please make this happen, I've been wanting this to happen. Even Sega-Galaga, Zoom 909 or Zaxxon would be really good.