IGNORED

Any ideas for SG-1000, MSX, or Sord M5 games for ColecoVision?

On 9/5/2020 at 2:27 AM, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

Dude, I've been thinking the same thing, maybe OPG (Opcode Games), TP (Team Pixelboy), or CVG (CollectorVision) can do that, please make this happen, I've been wanting this to happen. Even Sega-Galaga, Zoom 909 or Zaxxon would be really good.

The SG-1000 version of Zaxxon has been released for the Colecovision as Zaxxon II, but the others, like Bomb Jack and Galaga haven't been SG-1000 ported as far as I know. 

3 minutes ago, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

I was also able to find some of Pixelboy's ongoing projects. And I can't wait. Also, I know that Arkanoid for the Coleco has been released, but did anybody try to port the MSX version of the game for Coleco?

The Arkanoid release for the Coleco by Collectorvision is a port of the MSX version, but you need the Super Game Module to play it. Was the MSX version good? 

Just now, Spector said:

The Arkanoid release for the Coleco by Collectorvision is a port of the MSX version, but you need the Super Game Module to play it. Was the MSX version good? 

The MSX version, I say, it is good and even has the music and sound effects to resemble the arcade version.

On 8/28/2020 at 12:04 PM, artrag said:

Ask the coder

He will agree certainly 

https://www.usebox.net/jjm/night-knight/

I asked Juan the coder and unfortunately he isn't interested in doing any ports of his games.  There is a port of Night Knight in the works for the ZX Spectrum Next but that's being done by another coder.  So, Night Knight for the ColecoVision would also have to be done by someone else.

2 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

I asked Juan the coder and unfortunately he isn't interested in doing any ports of his games.  There is a port of Night Knight in the works for the ZX Spectrum Next but that's being done by another coder.  So, Night Knight for the ColecoVision would also have to be done by someone else.

Oh, maybe somebody can, like Pixelboy, he can do a lot of MSX ports.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 7:01 AM, carlsson said:

Prisoner of War was already converted to ColecoVision: https://www.teampixelboy.com/prisoner_of_war.php

Prisoner of War wasn't converted. The programmer, Francisco Téllez De Meneses, developed for both systems simultaneously. If more programmers do this, there will be stable ports for both systems.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

I even put the demo on MSX.

I played both of them, I think the sg1000 bomb jack has it beat. Like most SG games the music and sounds are way better. Plus the sprites are more defined with better use of colors. The coleco version has no sound effect or music when you clear a screen it just goes silent and then onto the next screen, found that kinda week. No sense of accomplishment. The sg even has a sound for when bomb jack loses a life plus he flips over on his head. That's a nice little touch and attention to detail. Plus it's not as floaty, but that's just my opinion 

On 9/19/2020 at 3:12 AM, Neogeoman said:

I played both of them, I think the sg1000 bomb jack has it beat. Like most SG games the music and sounds are way better. Plus the sprites are more defined with better use of colors. The coleco version has no sound effect or music when you clear a screen it just goes silent and then onto the next screen, found that kinda week. No sense of accomplishment. The sg even has a sound for when bomb jack loses a life plus he flips over on his head. That's a nice little touch and attention to detail. Plus it's not as floaty, but that's just my opinion 

i agree with you concerning sounds  ( however  i prefer the theme  (Magnetic Field from Jean Michel harre) in colecovision version which not the one from arcade but same as C64 version. )

But in term of gameplay i don't share your opinion.  The colecovision is really closer to the arcade version then the SG 1000 one.

3 hours ago, youki said:

i agree with you concerning sounds  ( however  i prefer the theme  (Magnetic Field from Jean Michel harre) in colecovision version which not the one from arcade but same as C64 version. )

But in term of gameplay i don't share your opinion.  The colecovision is really closer to the arcade version then the SG 1000 one.

Okay, I do agree, also, the theme is used in a lot of ports in Bomb Jack, but I don't know why it was never released for the arcade and the ones that used arcade music.

Bomb Jack and Hero have been done already on the CV, so I see absolutely no reason to revisit them especially since the other versions mentioned can easily be played thru emulation.

There’s only one game worth a new release and sounds like that one will be coming soon. Aside from that, enhanced versions with all new levels would be the only thing that peeks my interest (ie: Gorf and Venture Super Games being worked on by CollectorVision) akin to what Coleco did with their Zaxxon and DK Jr. Super Games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 11:38 AM, Pixelboy said:

If you're in the mood to port an MSX homebrew to the ColecoVision, may I suggest Night Knight? It's a recent release similar to Miner 2049er that looks kinda fun.

Otherwise, I would suggest porting "Do! Run Run" (known as Super Pierrot on the MSX) which looks rather good when compared to the arcade version. Do change the title screen to match the arcade game, please.

There's also The Fairyland Story on MSX which may be interesting to port, given that it has many levels. Fans of Bubble Bobble may enjoy that one.

A port of Lunar Ball could be interesting, or maybe Konami's Boxing.

Just my two cents.  :)

Hey Pixelboy, I don't know if it exists or not, but would it be possible to port Sony's Coaster Race to the Super Game Module with the driver expansion or controller?