IGNORED

7800 Broken Controller / Cable

koolmoecraig

There's nothing particularly special about the cable so you should be able to get a cheap controller extension cable (commonly found as extensions for the Megadrive / Genesis) and then just chop off whichever end you don't need to get access to the wires. You'd then use a multi-meter to check the pins and cable ends for connectivity to let you label them with a strip of tape so you know which goes where.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyB said:

There's nothing particularly special about the cable so you should be able to get a cheap controller extension cable (commonly found as extensions for the Megadrive / Genesis) and then just chop off whichever end you don't need to get access to the wires. You'd then use a multi-meter to check the pins and cable ends for connectivity to let you label them with a strip of tape so you know which goes where.

^^^^^^ This as that would likely be just as cheap if not cheaper and you might even be able to get something like that locally? I know I can get Genesis extension cables locally from about a half dozen different game stores around me.

I want to say the ones I bought last were like $10 each or something? I know Console5 also sells such extension cables and they work well. I use them on different things quite often. I even have one dedicated for use with my AVox on my 7800.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koolmoecraig said:

Looking for a complete broken 7800 controller or just the cable from a 7800 controller for a custom project.  Can anyone help me out?

Posting here because I've never had much luck in the wanted section.

Thanks!

Here you go. :)

https://console5.com/store/atari-sega-commodore-coleco-msx-6-1-8m-joystick-controller-project-repair-cable-cord.html

• Like 1

12 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

^^^^^^ This as that would likely be just as cheap if not cheaper and you might even be able to get something like that locally? I know I can get Genesis extension cables locally from about a half dozen different game stores around me.

I want to say the ones I bought last were like $10 each or something? I know Console5 also sells such extension cables and they work well. I use them on different things quite often. I even have one dedicated for use with my AVox on my 7800.

The one store we had is gone due to covid. Always ebay in 4 weeks..