IGNORED

Season 18 Round 2 of 15 - Yie Ar Kung-Fu

asponge

10 minutes ago, mbd30 said:

Is punching useful at all? Maybe punches are just good for the bonus rounds but I suck at those.

I use punch when I absolutely have no other choice (which is rare). Punching is also great for the bonus rounds (I think it's the only way you can destroy the flying swords).

Edited by Magmavision2000

4 minutes ago, Magmavision2000 said:

It's grown on me. It's not as good as the arcade version, but if you think of it as it's own game and not a port, and remember this came out before SMB, it's not terrible.

It would have been really cool to play at the time when fighting games were still a novelty. The graphics look like Colecovision though. Pretty sure this game could be done on Coleco assuming it hasn't already.

Edited by mbd30

1 minute ago, mbd30 said:

It would have been really cool to play at the time when fighting games were still a novelty. The graphics look like Colecovision though. Pretty sure this game could be done on Coleco assuming it hasn't already.

Actually, this port's based on an MSX port which was recently ported to the Colecovision. 

On 8/29/2020 at 5:03 PM, roadrunner said:

I can't get this game to play on the emu i'm using fceux, says i'm missing the diskys rom 
I have that and still not working
So tried playing it online in a browser, every playable online site i tried gameplay is very slow

Untitled43.png

Yeah, I tested on FCEUX to see if I could help, but same issue.  Strange thing is, no other game (of the dozen or so I tested) seems to have that error.

Not sure if a different emulator is an option you'd wanna explore, but just in case, I've been using "Mesen" with no issues.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Yeah, I tested on FCEUX to see if I could help, but same issue.  Strange thing is, no other game (of the dozen or so I tested) seems to have that error.

Not sure if a different emulator is an option you'd wanna explore, but just in case, I've been using "Mesen" with no issues.

Ok, thanks for the info
Thanks for trying to help me out :)