IGNORED

Pinned thread compendium: Cart/ROM images, UberGROM, TIPI software, manuals, tele-meeting, photos, OT, and more

OLD CS1
Message added by OLD CS1

This thread is obsoleted by, and redundant to, the FAQ "READ FIRST" thread.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/267055-new-to-the-group-ti-994a-faq-hardware-and-software-resources-read-first/

This topic contains references some of the important threads of the AtariAge Texas Instruments forum.  This should help keep the top of the forum clean so users can more easily see active threads without the wall of pinned threads.

Reference resource, especially important for first-time visitors

"README.1ST, new users and F.A.Q." thread
Extensive and omprehensive information on the forum and TI-99 in general

Gatherings, meetings, and events

(Some redundancy to the FAQ thread)

"Regular Zoom tele-meeting of 99ers" thread

Started during the COVID-19 pandemic. Cannot come to the TI? They bring the TI to you!

Software and hardware stuff

"The uberGROM mega-thread" thread
Repository for information and software for the UberGROM cartridge

"TIPI-enabled software" thread
Software which can make use of the TIPI's ever-expanding power

"TIPI Usage and Support" thread

Support and usability questions and tips

Software and accoutrements repository

(Special thanks to @Omega-TI for keeping these updated)

"Images for FlashROM 99 (FR99) and FinalGROM 99 (FG99)" thread
Cartridge binaries compatible with each or both the FR99 and FG99

"ROM burning images" thread
Cartridge and other images for burning your own cartridges and ROMs

"Manuals, keyboard strips, labels, and much more" thread
Scans and re-makes of various manuals, keyboard strips, etc., as well as printable 3D objects

Fun stuff

"TI-99 Photos" thread
The TI-99 and related equivalent of a "battle station" thread

"Off-Topic" thread
General thread for our community to dump items of interest

"TI-99 related eBay finds" thread

eBay stuff for our TI stuff

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

As Omega has deleted his "Manuals, Labels, Keyboard Strip" blog and this here above is a dead link,

here is the re-link the original thread ?

See here, it´s still there because users can only delete their own blogs, but not topics :)

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/223079-strips-reference-cards-manuals-labels-and-more-hq/#comments

• Like 1

And the tremendous "FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository" was deleted from post#1 (he was admin there),
and moved and linked to another portal. But I have a complete working backup of that thread.
What about we find a buddy here who wants to maintain that and start a new topic whith this data ?

• Like 2

As I wrote on the first day when this topic here arises,

I still think putting the highly rated & informative topics into one (pinned) thread here is not a good idea.

There seems to be no frequence. Or am I somehow thinking in the wrong way ?

grafik.thumb.png.6c9f200783520e6059ff8496091fbae1.png

• Like 1

Cannot win them all, I guess.  Either people complain because there are too many pinned threads, or we run into bat crazy shit.  I guess adulting is too difficult for some people.  There is something terribly disingenuous and petty about creating and maintaining something ostensibly for the community and then destroying it on a whim.

• Like 6

For the threads, at least, Google is halfway decent at searching the site. Use the syntax: "site:atariage.com cool ti stuff"

I usually use that over the built-in search.

(On the other hand, I always say I can't find things... ;) )

• Like 5

5 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Cannot win them all, I guess.  Either people complain because there are too many pinned threads, or we run into bat crazy shit....

yes, you wrote the same to me last year in August (post#2 ;) ), and for me, it´s OK, of course.

But yesterday I saw that it´s less than 1.000 views.... and I remembered that I also did not use at least

one of the topcis inside this pinned thread, at least via this thread. And was just saying.

btw, "bat crazy...", and "bad crazy...", a very interesting difference in translation ACK ACK ACK :grin:

37 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

Maybe @OLD CS1 could update post #1 with the working link?

Right at this moment it looks like Albert has restored the post #1, version 13.Feb.2021.

(I have a newer backup,  but I don´t think that there were any changes since then)

So the next step could be to seize the whole topic and give it to another user.

But we have to find a buddy who wants to maintain that thing in future...

here, not "moved" anymore:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/253095-?-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-repository-moved/

--------------------------------------------------

PS:

It would be cool if @Albert also could restore Omega´s deleted BLOG "Manuals, keyboard strips, labels,..."

maybe into a standard TOPIC for further use. (We would need a "Post#1-Admin" for this too)

At the moment it looks like this:(

grafik.thumb.png.b683cd4b8829e19b0ebc54b26156cb15.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

That one being gone is definitely annoying, as I put a lot of stuff into that thread. . .

I am sure I have almost all (or all) of the data from that "blog" saved  here, in 1 folderstructure.

IIRC, some month before it still was a topic, right ? And suddenly he moved his Post#1 into the blog.

If restore is not possible, I can do some organisational work on it, final naming and sorting and so,

and then repost it zip-wise ? Or give it to someone who wants to build a new topic with it...

• Like 1

So or so, I did some work now on sorting and renaming Strips, 3D-STLs, Stickers for Binders, FDDs, PEB-Cards, Carts, Fonts, Patches, Logos and and and :) Was pending for a long time :)

now here 40 3D-Prints (STL), 126 Cartridge-Stickers, 164 keyboard-strips, 25 PEB-card-labels and more stuff,

all well named and easy-2-find ?

• Like 3