IGNORED

Your first software! What was it?

Keatah

I got Voyager 1 when my parents bought me my Atari 800 - Im not sure we couldve purchased a worse game, but maybe it was cheaper than the rest.  It required Basic, but being new to the 800 I didnt quite understand exactly how to start the game (I didnt have the basic cart in).  So, from the DOS menu I figured I had to "I"nitialize the disk.........................

Next day swapped it out for a new copy as the first one "didnt work" - I figured out how to play the game and boy was it a stinker.  Thats when I started learning how to code my own crappy games :)

VOYAGER I ATARI 400 800 APPLE II TRS-80 - BRAND NEW | #133604891

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Goochman said:

Thats when I started learning how to code my own crappy games :)

heheheh same!  I complained about some of the games for the TI and one of my dad's troops said, "well, if you think you can do better, then you should write your own."  That eight year-old took his challenge and started writing a game.  It was slow as heck -- TI BASIC, and all -- and pretty basic, but I wrote the game with an animated marquee screen, levels loaded from tape, and a level editor to save levels to tape.

• Like 3

My first computer was the Tandy Color Computer and not counting existing game cartridges, my first commercial software for it was Vocabulary Tutor on a cassette tape.  As a kid, I was amazed that I can hear a human voice on a computer! (Ok, I knew it was recorded on tape but still...)

Most of the time I've spent on the CoCo was in BASIC programming because I was more interested in trying to create my own games.