IGNORED

WAVE 1 SPORTS Collection (Ideas thread)

WAVE 1 GAMES

So in the middle of working on JagZombies 2 today I lost focus and came up with an idea for a collection of sports games. I didn't start on anything yet except a logo and some possible backgrounds.

I thought lets do a collection of oddball sports games on the Jaguar and Call it WAVE 1 SPORTS.

1256328551_sportslogoblackBG.png.bb3c6a37946f1dfa4350cad3034e6c0d.png

Now first and foremost I love me some tennis, so I thought a good tennis game similar to Virtua Tennis or Mario Tennis (VB version) would be a good fit

835002407_tenniscourt.PNG.e6fe25bbf09b055fa0ae4cdc1e190be8.PNG

The other game I am 100% sure I would want to include is a blood sport with in game gambling. Cock Fighting.

227391605_cockfightarena.PNG.952ee0c6442f68ba8e9f2841ceffdc7e.PNG

The other 2 ideas I had were Jag-Boxing, which I started last year and left unfinished and Bowling similar to the old PC/MAC game Alley 19.

ring.png.e3ac8b0333dec1b1598368568c68b14f.pngbowling.PNG.127aa2d6ca0614588112257b285dccfa.PNG

but I'm not married to the idea of boxing or bowling.

So..... The reason for posting this thread is to gauge interest in a sports game collection for the Jag. I wont actually be starting on this for a while, but I would like to know what kind of sports games others would like to see in such a collection and what do you think about the choices I have already came up with?

We have seen soccer. We have seen basketball, hockey and American football on Jag, so nothing along those lines.

feel free to throw your favorite sports idea into the hat!

This is a great concept for a Jag game Jeff and could really work with the right roster/balance of mini sports games. Personally, I'd like to see some mini games similar to Clubhouse 51 games on the Nintendo Switch, such as their rendition of Air Hockey (although perhaps with a retro 80s neon look), Curling and Table Football or even better, Bubble Hockey (Super Chexx) style. These could work really well, with simple arcade controls and fun 2 player action.

The other game I thought would work well on the Jag is a homage to Data East Windjammers. A glorified Pong in many ways, but really good arcade fun, especially with powerups, skill shots, collectables. 

The final game I'd love to see is a homage to Atari's very own Food Fight! It would be great fun throwing some pies in people's faces. 

air-hockey-switch-screenshot01.jpg

windjammers-switch-screenshot06.jpg

foodf_screenshot.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Welshworrier said:

Maybe replace cockfighting with bear baiting.

Also oddball sports games? Tennis, bowling and boxing????

Bear baiting huh? I just keep learning about new sports! Another blood sport too.

And yeah I know Tennis and Boxing are definitely sports. I just meant a collection of sports games that aren't your typical sports you see in most mainstream sports video games.

I don't consider bowling a sport at all, but other people do Because I guess it technically IS one

13 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Replace cockfighting with cornhole. I doubt anyone here wants to see a cockfighting sim.

Or keep cockfighting and replace roosters with small, ugly reptiles, and make it an alien-themed ring with comic overtones: no one's going to complain about bloodsport then. Or replace the animals with rubber or robot chickens. People will love it! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Or keep cockfighting and replace roosters with small, ugly reptiles, and make it an alien-themed ring with comic overtones: no one's going to complain about bloodsport then. Or replace the animals with rubber or robot chickens. People will love it! 

That's thinking outside the box. Robo-cock fighting

15 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

That's thinking outside the box. Robo-cock fighting

Along those lines, how about a Battle Bots type game.  Equip your robots with various cutting or smashing instruments and turn 'em loose!  Plus your front lawn won't be visited by P.E.T.A.:P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

Along those lines, how about a Battle Bots type game.  Equip your robots with various cutting or smashing instruments and turn 'em loose!  Plus your front lawn won't be visited by P.E.T.A.:P

Love the idea, but this type of game is on several other platforms. I particularly like the idea of these games because they're unique. Except the tennis one, of course. Unless it's played by robo-cocks. :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

What about pig racing? Or horse racing?

Cock fighting is considered a sport im South America. A blood sport and more so gambling than anything else.

I guess people are not im favor of that one

How about Michael Vick's Pitbull Fighting instead?  The gambling aspect could include football and you could use your winnings to breed stronger dogs.

• Haha 3

A few years ago I was gonna do this for PC

And a pig racing game where the pigs had little wheels with tires instead of legs....

Perhaps those 2 older ideas of mine could be recycled for this?

I have to say I rather like the stranger more outrageous ideas given here. The aliens in an alien world theme for example could be applied very easily to Tennis. You would actually get a tennis game on Jag and at the same time something that hasn't been done before.

Perhaps boxing could be boxing robots (kind of like Teleroboxer)

Maybe the cock fighting could be over the top robotic roosters that shoot missles and what not.

Any other ideas?

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

Cock fighting ? Really! 

17 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Are you sure about that? I think I should do a poll on that one

also what is cornhole? I have never heard of that before   never mind I looked it up

I’m 100% sure that I don’t. It’s utterly vile and stupidly cruel. Why would you even want to consider it? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

How about Michael Vick's Pitbull Fighting instead?  The gambling aspect could include football and you could use your winnings to breed stronger dogs.

Or how about just a Pitbull fighting game!

Florida Tourism Chief Out After Pitbull Controversy | WUSF News

• Like 3
  • Haha 3