IGNORED

WAVE 1 SPORTS Collection (Ideas thread)

WAVE 1 GAMES

3 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

Here's an idea. Polish and finish the game you're working on before planning the next one.

Uncalled for.

Having ideas and actively working on a project are 2 different things.

I can do both. Just like I can also play games. Just like I can go to work.

Don't be a dick

Like here's an idea for you Zerosquare. If you don't want to contribute to the topic without making dickish remarks, then stay the fuck out of my thread. That was a dickish thing to say. Like what mfr I can't have other ideas because I'm activity working on a project? I can't talk about those ideas in the forums with others who actually don't mind contributing? Who the hell do you think you are to say that? See unlike Phillip and whoever else I will just tell you, fuck off Zerosquare.

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
  • Like 1

Since you're definitely going down the road of the 'oddball' element of sports rather than just generic games, how about Unicycle hockey with elements  inspired by Mutant League Hockey on the genesis for good measure e.g weapons powerups and being swallowed by sharks under the ice?

Another great odd sports game I always enjoyed was James Pond and the Aquatic Games on the Genesis/MD. Perhaps there's some inspiration to be taken from there? 

unicycle-hockey_620x385_hm_exp0915.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

aquatic-games-05.png

5 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Uncalled for.

The past experience suggests otherwise, as @Welshworrier illustrated above.

Don't be a dick

I'm sorry for suggesting you should spend less time overpromising and more time improving the quality of your games. I won't be doing that again.

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Uncalled for.

Having ideas and actively working on a project are 2 different things.

I can do both. Just like I can also play games. Just like I can go to work.

Don't be a dick

Like here's an idea for you Zerosquare. If you don't want to contribute to the topic without making dickish remarks, then stay the fuck out of my thread. That was a dickish thing to say. Like what mfr I can't have other ideas because I'm activity working on a project? I can't talk about those ideas in the forums with others who actually don't mind contributing? Who the hell do you think you are to say that? See unlike Phillip and whoever else I will just tell you, fuck off Zerosquare.

Every time I stick up for you when I think others are going too far, you end up making me regret it. No, Zerosquare's comment was NOT uncalled for. Focus on one project at a time and give it the attention it needs before cluttering up this forum with your latest crazy idea. I think it's what those who end up spending their hard-earned money on your games deserve.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Every time I stick up for you when I think others are going too far, you end up making me regret it. No, Zerosquare's comment was NOT uncalled for. Focus on one project at a time and give it the attention it needs before cluttering up this forum with your latest crazy idea. I think it's what those who end up spending their hard-earned money on your games deserve.

You realize it's just an idea thread right?

Says so in the title. Doesn't mean I'm switching gears to start on this sports thing, in fact I clearly stated I wont actually be working on this for quite a while.

So yeah silly me for thinking I could post a thread about ideas. How dare me have ideas and then have the audacity to talk about them with others.

See I was under the impression that a hobbiest community/forum was the kind of place you could talk about and share ideas. You know like the 5200 mini thing. Like Clint Thompsons Mind Threat game.

Cluttering up the forum? God forbid I take away the valuble space needed for topics like "That Ataribox Taco" thread.

I think there was even a thread not too long ago about somebody's car.

"Don't come around here peddling your ideas Jeff! Get back to work on that game you're supposed to be making!!!!"

Like shit excuse me for talking. Do I get a pee break boss?

Its called a fun discussion. You should try it sometime.

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

53 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Ideas are a dime a dozen. So are shovelware games full of bugs that are only create to make a quick buck. I just don't see the point in discussing a game idea publicly when there's little chance of it actually materialising, and even if it does, it falls into the latter category. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Ideas are a dime a dozen. So are shovelware games full of bugs that are only create to make a quick buck. I just don't see the point in discussing a game idea publicly when there's little chance of it actually materialising, and even if it does, it falls into the latter category. 

i am not sure why you all are so hard on him. he's doing this as a labor of love and just sharing his thoughts. i think his games are pretty well made for a hobbyist and we should be encouraging people like him...not hating on him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

I just don't see the point in discussing a game idea publicly when there's little chance of it actually materialising, and even if it does, it falls into the latter category. 

Then let me spell it out for you so you can understand the point of the discussion. I wanted to gauge the interest in such a concept for the Jag. It seems people would in fact be interested in something like this.

I then stated I wanted feedback on the ideas I already came up with and was curious about what other people might come up with so I encouraged other members to throw their ideas in the hat as well.

The chances of me producing such a collection are pretty good in contrary to your very biased and negative prediction that you just had to make there.

See this is YOU being a dick. This is YOU being toxic. This is exactly like Zerosquares comment. Do you think he didn't know he was being a dick? Oh he knew, and you knew what you were doing just there as well.

Again 70% of the Jaguar forums are stupid "what if this happened the Jag might have been better" topics.

Or "what is the Jaguar capable of" threads

Then you have Songbird asking about a reprint on Battle Morph because Carl wants to gauge peoples interest.

Nero_rg having the idea to release a more complete version of Soul Star on a glass mastered cd and gauging the interest from folks there

Then you have a thread all about "what ports do you wish were on Jag?"

But don't let Jeff come along and start talking about his ideas and asking people for input, oh hell no we can't have that shit because the world will just break if that happens.

It's pretty simple bro. If you aren't interested in this idea and don't wish to contribute anything other than your elitest bullshit attitude then step off this thread. There's the door, don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out.

I came to have a fun discussion about a neat and yes crazy idea.

It's clear what y'all came for.

You guys really need to get over yourselves for real.

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES

There sure are a lot of keyboard Warriors round these parts. If folks have nothing positive to contribute, just ignore the thread, back out of it entirely, and by all means, have an opinion or critique Jeff's games in private, rather than constantly looking for conflict everytime he posts a comment. It's all becoming rather pointless and is little more than bullying to be honesty, as pathetic as it may well sound, that's really all it is. Constantly looking to criticise someone, stifling creativity, posting petty put downs is childish and frankly off putting in a community that should just grow, develop and have some fun. Yes, there have certainly been issues with some of Jeff's work which he has admitted to as a hobbyist programmer, and frankly, in an age where you can watch trailers and YouTube reviews/gameplay videos first, it's your choice to purchase his software at this point, so you really can't complain in the aftermath. What the past has to do with this thread in the present I do not know.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, RetrousJag64 said:

There sure are a lot of keyboard Warriors round these parts. If folks have nothing positive to contribute, just ignore the thread, back out of it entirely, and by all means, have an opinion or critique Jeff's games in private, rather than constantly looking for conflict everytime he posts a comment. It's all becoming rather pointless and is little more than bullying to be honesty, as pathetic as it may well sound, that's really all it is. Constantly looking to criticise someone, stifling creativity, posting petty put downs is childish and frankly off putting in a community that should just grow, develop and have some fun. Yes, there have certainly been issues with some of Jeff's work which he has admitted to as a hobbyist programmer, and frankly, in an age where you can watch trailers and YouTube reviews/gameplay videos first, it's your choice to purchase his software at this point, so you really can't complain in the aftermath. What the past has to do with this thread in the present I do not know.  

well said

Says so in the title. Doesn't mean I'm switching gears to start on this sports thing, in fact I clearly stated I wont actually be working on this for quite a while.

So yeah silly me for thinking I could post a thread about ideas. How dare me have ideas and then have the audacity to talk about them with others.

See I was under the impression that a hobbiest community/forum was the kind of place you could talk about and share ideas. You know like the 5200 mini thing. Like Clint Thompsons Mind Threat game.

Cluttering up the forum? God forbid I take away the valuble space needed for topics like "That Ataribox Taco" thread.

I think there was even a thread not too long ago about somebody's car.

"Don't come around here peddling your ideas Jeff! Get back to work on that game you're supposed to be making!!!!"

Like shit excuse me for talking. Do I get a pee break boss?

Its called a fun discussion. You should try it sometime.

It goes beyond a hobby when you are charging $40 or $50 for shovel-ware.  If it was a true hobby, the releases would be free.  Then you would deserve to have the attitude you do.  When you are charging for stuff, especially what you charge, you are no longer a hobbiest, but a business.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

Hey man - back off.  The rent was due.  The next one will be better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

It goes beyond a hobby when you are charging $40 or $50 for shovel-ware.  If it was a true hobby, the releases would be free.  Then you would deserve to have the attitude you do.  When you are charging for stuff, especially what you charge, you are no longer a hobbiest, but a business.

You know what you are absolutely right! Free cartridges for everyone! I mean its not like the materials cost me anything afterall I get it all for free from the flying saucer that flies over my house each night and then I dont even spend the time assembling them I just push the big red magic DO button and poof there it is!

Gosh I wish you had commented earlier Stephen. It's all so clear now that you have contributed your input. I mean it makes total sense that if I am charging for products being made and sent to people that I have absolutely no right to participate in the forums or share ideas.

I mean afterall what kind of guy goes around and charges for things that cost him money and time and then has the audacity to think he can talk to people and engage with the community? I mean at that point he isn't a person anymore he's a blood sucking demon. This type of person should be burned at the stake. Crucify him I say CRUCIFY HIM!

You're a wise man Stephen, a wise man.

So what's your favorite odd sport?

LOL

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
reasons

15 hours ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

Then you have Songbird asking about a reprint on Battle Morph because Carl wants to gauge peoples interest.

Nero_rg having the idea to release a more complete version of Soul Star on a glass mastered cd and gauging the interest from folks there

Then you have a thread all about "what ports do you wish were on Jag?"

The difference is each of the individuals referenced here have produced and delivered professional quality releases. When they ask for input we know that the resulting product is going to be worth it rather than half formed ideas that don't deserve to be on a cart.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

The difference is each of the individuals referenced here have produced and delivered professional quality releases. When they ask for input we know that the resulting product is going to be worth it rather than half formed ideas that don't deserve to be on a cart.

Cool I'll be sure to check out the last 2 quality games that Carl and Matt created and released! I'm sure I'll love them! What are the titles so I can find them in their respective places?

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES