IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 7 - Pitfall!

40 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

And why in the world did they have to program the game to use both side buttons separately to jump on vines and release from them?  Strange decision there, but doesn't kill the game for me.

I'm sure it must have been fun for the developers to have all those inputs to choose from compared to an 8 direction joystick with 1 button. So they went nuts. ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Are you just going straight across the top or are you looking for shortcuts down below? Could save you some time.

Yes using shortcuts down below.... but I clearly need to find a better 'more efficient' way to go..... ?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

4th Entry - Some more improvement, but still left 4 treasures unclaimed. 28 treasures snagged, 4 left unclaimed. The gators with no vine is what slows me down the most.... 

PF(99749)S13.jpg.fdabb585d9e77ba8d704bc6e79f9c33d.jpg

Think about how cool it must have been to play this in 82... Right when Indiana Jones was the business!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

Think about how cool it must have been to play this in 82... Right when Indiana Jones was the business!

I was just thinking the same thing a little while ago. Indiana Jones was all the rage and when this game came out, I bet there was a lot of association with Indy that helped make it popular. Such a classic. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Almost perfect score and I did lose 2 lives, but was able to get all 32 treasures and the kill screen with 7 seconds to spare.

37B76178-9C7B-430C-AB76-0C3814059EF7.jpeg

Nice! I would think it would be maddening to try to go for a perfect run without losing any points. Giving me PTSD flashbacks to Auto Racing... ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

Nice! I would think it would be maddening to try to go for a perfect run without losing any points. Giving me PTSD flashbacks to Auto Racing... ?

Lol. It’s frustrating for sure. The slightest mistake and you hit a barrel, then have to reset. I like this challenge better though compared to Auto Racing. 

• Like 3

5th Entry - Getting ever closer to grabbing all the loot. 30 treasures claimed, 2 treasures unclaimed. My guy was caught in mid-jump when time ran out. Probably the closest to the 'kill screen' I'm going to get unless I speed it up..... ?

PF(107720)S13.jpg.40fa3246044642404e76b1a4d2581d21.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

5th Entry - Getting ever closer to grabbing all the loot. 30 treasures claimed, 2 treasures unclaimed. My guy was caught in mid-jump when time ran out. Probably the closest to the 'kill screen' I'm going to get unless I speed it up..... ?

PF(107720)S13.jpg.40fa3246044642404e76b1a4d2581d21.jpg

That's a great score!  Still plenty of time in this one to chase the perfect 114k!

• Like 3