IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 7 - Pitfall!

7 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I was able to map out a lot more- disappointed with the low amount of short cuts. I like figuring those out, and to realize that I have to stay above ground for huge stretches is a shame. I did however run down the timer for the first time!

647159149_Pitfall!2020-08-2615_32_15.thumb.png.9fa89b28eb087e202d8a1d3c931cebf7.png

There ya go, nice work!  I agree with you...I wish there were more clever underground shortcuts.

• Like 2

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

There ya go, nice work!  I agree with you...I wish there were more clever underground shortcuts.

That's the fun of mapping it out, right? I mean, I'm still having fun, but when I get to some ladders and get excited, only to find out they're useless...hmph. Well, I am going to the left, so maybe it's different going the other way, I dunno. Probably just hit a bunch of walls. I was reading on an old thread that the map wasn't planned out and is just made by an algorithm, so I suppose the short cuts were a surprise even to David Crane. Although the underground was put there for a reason...to mess with us.

• Like 2

Just now, fakecortex said:

That's the fun of mapping it out, right? I mean, I'm still having fun, but when I get to some ladders and get excited, only to find out they're useless...hmph. Well, I am going to the left, so maybe it's different going the other way, I dunno. Probably just hit a bunch of walls. I was reading on an old thread that the map wasn't planned out and is just made by an algorithm, so I suppose the short cuts were a surprise even to David Crane. Although the underground was put there for a reason...to mess with us.

Yeah it's weird, who knows why they did that.  Still a brilliantly designed game for it's time!

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

Wait... are we supposed to be showing our screen names in these pics now, or what?

It’s not required here, but I did for Pitfall because there are so many people that have achieved the perfect score in the past. And some other sites that I have posted on require it, so I decided to do it for this one. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

It feels good when you get a good rhythm going and you can clear 2-4 screens without stopping much.

Yes it does. The control of the man is wonderfully precise. The programmer of Coleco Carnival would have benefited from an internship at Activision.

Edited by Ace24
  • Haha 4