I was able to map out a lot more- disappointed with the low amount of short cuts. I like figuring those out, and to realize that I have to stay above ground for huge stretches is a shame. I did however run down the timer for the first time!

647159149_Pitfall!2020-08-2615_32_15.thumb.png.9fa89b28eb087e202d8a1d3c931cebf7.png

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I was able to map out a lot more- disappointed with the low amount of short cuts. I like figuring those out, and to realize that I have to stay above ground for huge stretches is a shame. I did however run down the timer for the first time!

647159149_Pitfall!2020-08-2615_32_15.thumb.png.9fa89b28eb087e202d8a1d3c931cebf7.png

There ya go, nice work!  I agree with you...I wish there were more clever underground shortcuts.

• Like 2

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

There ya go, nice work!  I agree with you...I wish there were more clever underground shortcuts.

That's the fun of mapping it out, right? I mean, I'm still having fun, but when I get to some ladders and get excited, only to find out they're useless...hmph. Well, I am going to the left, so maybe it's different going the other way, I dunno. Probably just hit a bunch of walls. I was reading on an old thread that the map wasn't planned out and is just made by an algorithm, so I suppose the short cuts were a surprise even to David Crane. Although the underground was put there for a reason...to mess with us.

• Like 2

Just now, fakecortex said:

That's the fun of mapping it out, right? I mean, I'm still having fun, but when I get to some ladders and get excited, only to find out they're useless...hmph. Well, I am going to the left, so maybe it's different going the other way, I dunno. Probably just hit a bunch of walls. I was reading on an old thread that the map wasn't planned out and is just made by an algorithm, so I suppose the short cuts were a surprise even to David Crane. Although the underground was put there for a reason...to mess with us.

Yeah it's weird, who knows why they did that.  Still a brilliantly designed game for it's time!

15 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

PITFALL 2 SECONDS.JPG

AAAAAAHHH YOU DID IT! NOICE NOICE NOICE

wow 2 seconds left, you must've been sweatin'

Did you just go left and stay on top or did you use any shortcuts? I'm sure I'm spending more time by mapping it out.

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

Wait... are we supposed to be showing our screen names in these pics now, or what?

It’s not required here, but I did for Pitfall because there are so many people that have achieved the perfect score in the past. And some other sites that I have posted on require it, so I decided to do it for this one. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

53 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Wait... are we supposed to be showing our screen names in these pics now, or what?

I started doing it as well. Because if you get a great score and want to submit it they require it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

86B44694-E717-45F4-B717-2BB885A0B90D.jpeg

More perfection!! You guys rock!

• Thanks 2

First time I've ever run out the clock.....freeze frame of me running right into a log preserved for posterity.

IMG_3237.thumb.jpg.efce9d3c8315a7c3aa4625b3e9b703d9.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Haven't had any luck today and so you know what that means? Time to die on purpose! How fast can Pitfall Harry lose all of his lives and his beloved points?

Beat my time and win absolutely nothing!

1008610226_Pitfall!2020-08-2720_24_06.thumb.png.d178ab5722d9121a7b37aaabb59184af.png

And if you're interested in the quick quick death, my fastest is 19:54 🤪

• Haha 5

I hope I can do better than this but here’s an entry to get me on the board. My (our) cartridge is my wife’s and she’s telling how much she liked this game BITD. 

BBB3BEE0-22A1-411C-98ED-59A4F26BD233.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ace24 said:

I hope I can do better than this but here’s an entry to get me on the board. My (our) cartridge is my wife’s and she’s telling how much she liked this game BITD. 

BBB3BEE0-22A1-411C-98ED-59A4F26BD233.jpeg

It feels good when you get a good rhythm going and you can clear 2-4 screens without stopping much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

It feels good when you get a good rhythm going and you can clear 2-4 screens without stopping much.

Yes it does. The control of the man is wonderfully precise. The programmer of Coleco Carnival would have benefited from an internship at Activision.

Edited by Ace24
  • Haha 4

If I had run out the time, I think I would have been satisfied. But I lost the last man and now I have to play again!

8A087159-06F1-4B24-AA06-00B98D65AAC5.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Ace24 said:

So pretty when I sat down to play, I had to take a picture. 

D33696F0-E5D5-4981-A220-3F98F0F72431.jpeg

That is a beautiful sight! The Sears model is awesome. I don’t have one, but I would love it. Enjoy it man!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ace24 said:

4D132A94-255A-4DAA-BC54-B359A9683415.jpeg

Cool man, you're getting better fast. Nice to see ya on again. Hang around, we need you here.... 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1