Cynicaster

MAME HSC - ROUND 5/10 - MID-SEASON QUADRUPLE HEADER

22 hours ago, Hero2millions said:

I'm curious as to where  everyone starts in tumble. I find Australia gets me the most points

Eastern Russia (I presume that's what it is -- it's not a very precise map). At any rate, it's the first level you encounter after defeating Australia. 

Eyes:  37,910

I'm having a hell of a time getting any gaming time in lately.  Managed a brief session playing Eyes & Star Castle.  Didn't get a Star Castle pic yet but I'll be back with more!

Eyes (MAME) 37910.png

Tumblepop Got my first hurry up ever, some red cloaked monster. I start in Australia, i find i get the best powerups(giant vaccum every time0

Edited by Hero2millions

On 9/8/2020 at 11:09 PM, Hero2millions said:

That's amazing. Well done

Thanks -- I have to give some credit to you for suggesting starting the game in Australia. 

Star Castle 5,140. It's an acquired taste for sure, but I'm starting to moderately enjoy this game. I'm still not sure what causes the red shield to regenerate though.

Star Castle.png

On 9/10/2020 at 7:32 PM, AtariWarlord said:

Star Castle 5,140.  I'm still not sure what causes the red shield to regenerate though.

When you completely destroy the shield, it regenerates.  I'm no expert on this game, by far, so everything I'm saying could be BS -- but it seems that the trick is to partly destroy the shield to make a path for your missile to attack the center, but don't destroy it entirely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

When you completely destroy the shield, it regenerates.  I'm no expert on this game, by far, so everything I'm saying could be BS -- but it seems that the trick is to partly destroy the shield to make a path for your missile to attack the center, but don't destroy it entirely.

Exactly.

Leaving 2 or 3 on the inner ring is a good strategy, it protects you from accidental shootings.  

Leave a bit more for the middle and outer ring, and hope you leave a path to that evil bastard in the middle.

• Like 1

Crap. 3 weeks, yet I've failed to find any HSC gaming time 😕

@Cynicasterplease disregard my early no-scr$ scores. I will try to play these games again in the redemption round.

Eyes 248,570. Thanks to Cynicaster (even if I didn't beat his score) for giving me an unintentional last-minute push to improve my score 

Eyes.png

• Like 1

And that wraps up our 3-week quadruple header - thanks to all who submitted scores.  

The thread for the mid-season redemption round will be up shortly, which will contain the rules on how it will work.  

CYN

Imma try and get back into some MAME guys!  I've got 1 week to catch up I guess!  Here goes nothing!

Star Cast 5780.png

eyes 213750.png