IGNORED

5200 Mini ??

coachbrj

How about one with an onboard SD or micro SD card slot in a mock miniature 5200-designed enclosure so we can all use the same ROMs that work with the Atarimax SD multicart so we can constantly build our libraries as opposed to having to deal with a USB flash unit that only has 128 games on her, my SD has almost 300 games on her as of this post and more being added every week thanks to all of the great community members of this forum (and others as well). Between that and 2 100% original 5200 15-pin, backwards-compatible controller ports, an HDMI jack, and a built-in 4-port BIOS for full game compatibility (I found out just a few weeks ago my 2-port 5200 has a 4-port BIOS in her after checking out my 5200 multicart) this project could certainly lead to an even better future for the once-maligned Big Sexy and her awesome (and ever-growing) lineup of titles!!!

1 hour ago, roadrunner said:

Most of the 5200 and 8 bit computer releases are arcade or Activision games.
Wouldn't it be too difficult to get copyright permission for all those games for a flashback release?

Not if the flashback was simply just a 5200 SD card-based player with a 4-port BIOS for full game compatibility and full backwards-compatibility with all 5200-based controllers (CX53 trak-ball included) with just simply an SD card slot, HDMI port, 2 15-pin controller ports, and a 5v Micro USB power jack.

No copyright police to worry about if you just simply make it Atarimax Ultimate SD card-based only without any onboard games, just tons of classic gaming fun, 8-bit 5200-based style.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if a main stream 5200 flashback device is really feasible considering the 5200 sold 1 million units or so.  However, the original Flashback 3 proposal (see The Atari Flashback 3 Petition above) seemed a more viable proposition as it would tap into the 8-bit computer line in addition to the 5200.  Now that would be a 5200-style flashback product that I think people could really get behind.  Just my opinion, though.

• Like 2