IGNORED

Help, only pal 50 games work for me (• ▽ •;)

Gallospacca

Hi everyone, I'm a new member.
After about 30 years I found my first console in a box, an Atari 2600 jr. (luckily well packed and in excellent condition), so I started buying some games again and of course I also bought a Uno cart to play the various homebrews, but there is a problem ... my console only reads pal 50 games correctly.

All the pal rom of the original Atari games run perfectly, but the pal 60 homebrews have colored and incomprehensible horizontal lines, the audio or the commands respond, only the image is indecipherable.
The problem of course is that only a small part of the homebrews are available in pal 50 format ..... and asking the developers for a pal 50 version seems impossible to me.

How can I do? do you have any ideas?
How is it possible that my pal console does not correctly read pal 60 games but only pal 50?

Yes, PAL standard in *most* countries was 50Hz, and televisions were only required to handle this frequency.

PAL 60 is a modern construct generally to make conversion of NTSC '2600 games easier.

You're one of the lucky ones with a TV that is bang-on standard. Unforunately, looks like it can't handle the out-of-spec 60Hz signal.

I agree - another TV is your solutions.

1 hour ago, Andrew Davie said:

Yes, PAL standard in *most* countries was 50Hz, and televisions were only required to handle this frequency.

PAL 60 is a modern construct generally to make conversion of NTSC '2600 games easier.

You're one of the lucky ones with a TV that is bang-on standard. Unforunately, looks like it can't handle the out-of-spec 60Hz signal.

I agree - another TV is your solutions.

Thanks to you too for the answer Andrew (。•̀ᴗ-)✧

Today I did some tests with some TVs I have, my Atari 2600 jr is totally original so I need a TV with the antenna input to connect the console, since the image quality is satisfactory for me I don't have any intend to "hack" my Atari for a rca mod.
So the tvs I have with the antenna port are 3:
A Seitech lcd that I mainly use to play the old console (Snes, N64, Saturn, dreamcast etc ...) which is the one with which the atari works correctly (apart from the pal 60 games).

Another is a Lg flatron which works great for old consoles but the Atari 2600 has all the wrong colors, in this tv even the original games give color problems.

The last is a small Philips CRT TV but in this one the Atari is only seen in black and white
( ̄ヘ ̄;)

So for now I am satisfied and I enjoy the original games that I am collecting (I recently received "My golf" with box and booklet in perfect condition ... it is a marvel, it plays like a modern golf and the controls are perfect) and homebrews that work properly, luckily the ones I wanted to play the most all work, Blinky, Fall down, Go fish, Jupiter sumo, Pitkat, Plague, Bee ball and Bomb city work great.

The only one I really regret not being able to play is "Palomino" I fell in love with it after seeing the Zero page homebrew video and I managed to play it a little bit with the wrong colors on the second tv ... it's wonderful ... a brilliant puzzle game .... maybe I could try to ask for a pal 50 version (๑ • ﹏ •)

If I solve somehow or find a solution I will update the discussion ... maybe it will be useful for someone with the same problem as me.

IMG_20200825_162004.jpg