IGNORED

Wall Art

JayoK

Some help please...

I've re-decorated my new work-from-home office as I'm probably going to continue like this for the foreseeable future, and I want to decorate the now bare walls. Of course, I'm going to make it personal for me and one of the large parts of my life has been the A8. So it makes sense to decorate some of the walls to that (others will be places I've visited, etc).

Anyhow, I've been searching the ususal ebay, etsy, redbubble for wall art and while there's lots for the 2600, very little I could find relevant to the A8 (there's some). Anyway, I was wondering if people have a preferred source for this? Relevant to myself is the 800XL, Star Raiders (I love the artwork on this), BASIC, etc. As one thought I will take a piece of code I wrote back in the date, screenshot it (from Altirra) print as picture and frame it. 

For sizes, something like 30cm x 40cm (12in x 15.7in) type of sizes would be ideal?

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

I like the Star Raiders idea.  The artwork on old video games is pretty amazing.  They had to sell the concept with the artwork, since actual screen caps left a lot to the imagination.

My favorite game on the Atari 800 was Necromancer.

Necromancer (video game) - Wikipedia

You could print them out yourself, or use one of the online services to print out a nice, glossy poster.

Let us know what you decide on.  And, of course, show us the pics!

• Like 1

Hi JayoK

The full-page ads published in magazines like Antic and Analog are very nice (Specially the ones by Synapse, Adventure International, Datasoft...).

But the page size of those magazines is roughly Letter, i.e. 8.5 by 11 inches (215.9 by 279.4 mm).

I recommend you to take a look at the issues available on archive.org and download individual pages, resize them and print them using your preferred page size.

https://archive.org/details/antic-magazine

https://archive.org/details/analog-computing-magazine

Kind regards,

Luis

PS: I have attached some examples as a reference for you.

Antic_Vol_1-06_1983-02_Tools_0111.jpg

Antic_Vol_1-06_1983-02_Tools_0040.jpg

Antic_Vol_1-06_1983-02_Tools_0007.jpg

• Like 1

I might as well post here all of the Rasterconverter compilations (images are from that forum posting - selection of best of?) I've done of late - because it'll be the more or less final versions of these - are in one place - post?  With one that covers the general computing industry and home computing as well.

All of designed to be printed out in A3 size.  The margins I use are 4.7mm for the left and 0.7 for the rest.

00-Tech-etc-01B.thumb.png.dbb91d07b1e703e138ee49fcb06394e6.png

Raster-Images-01A.thumb.png.c44925e966f23a1432bb2047fc668108.png

Raster-Images-02A.thumb.png.1750bbe6eddd384fa0eaf41785173dca.png

Raster-Images-03ABB.thumb.png.bed78e8b1a2cc62a6708f2d0411e9a41.png

Raster-Images-04A.thumb.png.e4ab7f981bc42c081ea1b877c214f4fc.png

Raster-Images-05ABCD.thumb.png.555439dbb82359d2f393eebf3e09b3be.png

Raster-Images-06A.thumb.png.24b364ed2fd4c4b2581959f8353316be.png

Harvey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I built myself an area this past year that incorporates the Atari XL color scheme and Atari ad and software oriented art, and decorations and nick-knacks that are retro 80's. A few original posters, a large Vistaprint custom made one, some ads purchased online, printed on metal sign plating, and a bunch I just printed out on photo paper.

You can see images of it all in an album I made and posted on Atari User's Club site: https://atari-owner.com/club/media/users/m-d-baker.4/albums 

36 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

I built myself an area this past year that incorporates the Atari XL color scheme and Atari ad and software oriented art, and decorations and nick-knacks that are retro 80's. A few original posters, a large Vistaprint custom made one, some ads purchased online, printed on metal sign plating, and a bunch I just printed out on photo paper.

You can see images of it all in an album I made and posted on Atari User's Club site: https://atari-owner.com/club/media/users/m-d-baker.4/albums 

This URL doesn't seem to work?  Comes up with - Not old. Vintage.  

Harvey

Edited by kiwilove

9 hours ago, kiwilove said:

I might as well post here all of the Rasterconverter compilations (images are from that forum posting - selection of best of?) I've done of late - because it'll be the more or less final versions of these - are in one place - post?  With one that covers the general computing industry and home computing as well.

All of designed to be printed out in A3 size.  The margins I use are 4.7mm for the left and 0.7 for the rest.

00-Tech-etc-01B.thumb.png.dbb91d07b1e703e138ee49fcb06394e6.png

Raster-Images-01A.thumb.png.c44925e966f23a1432bb2047fc668108.png

Raster-Images-02A.thumb.png.1750bbe6eddd384fa0eaf41785173dca.png

Raster-Images-03ABB.thumb.png.bed78e8b1a2cc62a6708f2d0411e9a41.png

Raster-Images-04A.thumb.png.e4ab7f981bc42c081ea1b877c214f4fc.png

Raster-Images-05ABCD.thumb.png.555439dbb82359d2f393eebf3e09b3be.png

Raster-Images-06A.thumb.png.24b364ed2fd4c4b2581959f8353316be.png

Harvey

Where do I get the A3 of some of these? Some look very good.

2 hours ago, JayoK said:

Where do I get the A3 of some of these? Some look very good.

If you do not have a A3 capable printer at home - then you simply take a proper save of these files along to a Commercial Printing service - who'll do a A3 Printout for you.  I presume these are the same places you'll take your digital photos to, for a professional print out.

To do a proper save - you must first click on the picture you want - which should then take you to an enlarged view - and from here, you can right mouse click for a Save as...

Do not perform a right click in normal view - this will only save a thumbnail version of the picture which is a low-res version of the picture.

Put the saves on a USB flash drive or any kind of SD memory card - those used in cameras or tablets.  There is an adaptor card to make these accessible via normal USB.

They (the printer service center) 'll give you options - whether you want it on plain or glossy paper, or whether you'll want it on a thick card?

Harvey

• Like 1

Here's the last 3 of this series - currently done.  There are a few more pages left to do...

Note - that in the last one - the last 3 lines of pictures are comparison pictures done by other programs.

3rd Last line has pictures generated by Graph2fnt, 2nd last line has Fun With Art pictures.

The last line has interlaced mode pictures - the first 2 in this line are Technicolor Dream pictures from the UK.

The rest of this line are by some other program?  You can get these to run on your Atari computer here

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/292906-atari-8-bit-graphics-capabilities/page/5/#comments

Raster-Images-07A.thumb.png.b511aafd0f304adc264049bf63b6a2aa.png

Raster-Images-08AB.thumb.png.68f7b48219d58cb3612f3e5808e2ca6e.png

Raster-Images-09AB.thumb.png.87ed1fdd66881747facf2908d9f592d3.png

Note - that this bottom line of interlaced images look fine here on screen - but when printed out - do then look dark and dull.

Harvey

Edited by kiwilove
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, kiwilove said:

To do a proper save - you must first click on the picture you want - which should then take you to an enlarged view - and from here, you can right mouse click for a Save as...

Do not perform a right click in normal view - this will only save a thumbnail version of the picture which is a low-res version of the picture.

Thanks but when I click I only get all pictures... I can enlarge but it's all photos enlarged. Where are these individually?

9 minutes ago, JayoK said:

Thanks but when I click I only get all pictures... I can enlarge but it's all photos enlarged. Where are these individually?

When I left click on a page of pics - this should appear -

2020-08-26_224403.thumb.png.095e9b52c418fc020d62d8cebcaffbb7.png

I'm using Microsoft Edge browser.

If you don't get this screen, then the browser you're using, works differently.

Saving this 'pic' (save Image as...) does save it as per the original image that was uploaded.

The thumbnail picture is very much smaller in file size and of such low res - it's not worthwhile printing out in A3 size.

Harvey

• Thanks 1