IGNORED

Want to buy: Atari 5200 A/V + AC modded

Henry Lee

3 hours ago, Henry Lee said:

@bluejay Not if the 4 port was power modded ! Then you can ditch the Switchbox ?

So you are wanting a 4-port that is has had the power modification, plus AV, and an AC adapter with it as well then? Are you only wanting composite, or are you wanting s-video + composite? Or are you looking for one that has a Sophia board installed for RGB output?

Just trying to clarify exactly what you are looking for.

2 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Sophia is basically an RGB output solution using DVI I believe. I think there is a version 2 of it being made but I've not up on the Sophia 100% as I've found that s-video has been plenty for me on my 5200.

That and it's $105 for just the mod board. Rich man's toys, IMO when you can have composite which looks great for a fraction of the cost (as you also eluded too with being satisfied with Svideo).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shawn said:

That and it's $105 for just the mod board. Rich man's toys, IMO when you can have composite which looks great for a fraction of the cost (as you also eluded too with being satisfied with Svideo).

Yes well I didn't say that is the route I would go, just letting him know he needed to be more specific I guess? I find the s-video is enough for most of these older consoles. Although that new RGB on the Coleco is pretty fantastic!@

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Yes well I didn't say that is the route I would go, just letting him know he needed to be more specific I guess? I find the s-video is enough for most of these older consoles. Although that new RGB on the Coleco is pretty fantastic!@

Yep, Being specific helps for sure. I'm probably selling him my simple composite AV modded 2 port. We are just in the middle of the details right now. Looking at ebay it seems the market has spiked on the prices of these now too. One of the more prominent 5200 AV modded sellers is asking $239 for 2 ports and $259 for 4 port for systems with broken trunks and getting it without issue. That's a fair bit more than I would ever charge or pay but perhaps I'm behind in the times on such things. 

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Yep, Being specific helps for sure. I'm probably selling him my simple composite AV modded 2 port. We are just in the middle of the details right now. Looking at ebay it seems the market has spiked on the prices of these now too. One of the more prominent 5200 AV modded sellers is asking $239 for 2 ports and $259 for 4 port for systems with broken trunks and getting it without issue. That's a fair bit more than I would ever charge or pay but perhaps I'm behind in the times on such things. 

That explains why the one I sold recently didn't last long and was snatched up quickly.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 11:21 AM, -^CrossBow^- said:

That explains why the one I sold recently didn't last long and was snatched up quickly.

Yep and Henry wanted a 4 port so he ended up spending a good chunk more buying one from that reseller versus the 2 port I had offered. I'm glad he got what he wanted though for sure. Guess I'm gonna put mine in the marketplace soon cause I don't really use it anymore. Especially seeing as the market is in my favor right now too, even if I give a forum friendly price. :)  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Shawn said:

Yep and Henry wanted a 4 port so he ended up spending a good chunk more buying one from that reseller versus the 2 port I had offered. I'm glad he got what he wanted though for sure. Guess I'm gonna put mine in the marketplace soon cause I don't really use it anymore. Especially seeing as the market is in my favor right now too, even if I give a forum friendly price. :)  

The shipping was astronomic, 83$ canadian and without the goodies ?

Edited by Henry Lee

2 hours ago, Henry Lee said:

The shipping was astronomic, 83$ canadian and without the goodies ?

That is crazy. Well, at least you got the console you wanted. I just hope he had one that wasn't all beat up and the trunk wasn't busted for you. That shipping is a real bummer. Global Shipping Program really hits hard. Xpress post within Canada would have been $26.50 CDN and even to the USA it would have been around $30 CDN tops. It really hurts both buyers and sellers when that is the only method offered. Less buyers want to pay it and less sales being made for the sellers when people have to factor in that extra cost.

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

That is crazy. Well, at least you got the console you wanted. I just hope he had one that wasn't all beat up and the trunk wasn't busted for you. That shipping is a real bummer. Global Shipping Program really hits hard. Xpress post within Canada would have been $26.50 CDN and even to the USA it would have been around $30 CDN tops. It really hurts both buyers and sellers when that is the only method offered. Less buyers want to pay it and less sales being made for the sellers when people have to factor in that extra cost.

I'm totally with you about the global shipping program, plus it is slower to get your item. The weird part is this time, direct shipping was more expensive (71US$) so I opted for global shipping. The 4-port I am getting is little beat-up but I have a spare bottom part and I will look a for a better flip lid in due time.

Edited by Henry Lee

On 8/31/2020 at 12:23 AM, Henry Lee said:

I'm totally with you about the global shipping program, plus it is slower to get your item. The weird part is this time, direct shipping was more expensive (71US$) so I opted for global shipping. The 4-port I am getting is little beat-up but I have a spare bottom part and I will look a for a better flip lid in due time.

You will have to drill new holes for the AV mod with your replacement shell. It's not hard just make sure you take your time.

44 minutes ago, Shawn said:

You will have to drill new holes for the AV mod with your replacement shell. It's not hard just make sure you take your time.

Oups, sorry, I wasn't talking about the bottom part but the controller ports cover (which I have spare) and the controller compartment (which I don't have).

Edited by Henry Lee