IGNORED

How to merge two or more AVF ?

Poison

Is possible to merge more AVF files to one long movie ? I know thet its img, but may be exist some kind of solutions :) Total Commander can merge it, but second AVF is broken and hasnt sound. only some bzzzzzz :)

I can do it before I create final AVF. But it is arduous to merge 23 videos manualy in Virtual Dub (when I must every audio track change in Sound Forge). And impossible when you have AVF :(

Edited by Poison

When you tried merging, how big were the files? Were they multiples of 8704 bytes?

I believe that phaeron's latest 192-line encoder/decoder strategy uses exactly 17 512-byte sectors per frame. So as long as you join two or more AVF files at 17-sector boundaries, then the resulting merged file should play correctly.

Please use caution, back up your files etc., but using GNU tools, this could be done as follows:

truncate -s /8704 A.avf B.avf C.avf D.avf
cat A.avf B.avf C.avf D.avf > E.avf

Where "-s /8704" means truncate down to the nearest multiple of 8704 bytes. Again, CAUTION! This will remove up to 8703 bytes of your file! So, please back up if you are unsure.

See also:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/211689-60-fps-video-using-side-2/?do=findComment&comment=2744987

Edited by Xuel
Ack! Just found the real sector count is 17, not 16.
  • Like 3

On 8/26/2020 at 9:52 PM, Xuel said:

When you tried merging, how big were the files? Were they multiples of 8704 bytes?

I believe that phaeron's latest 192-line encoder/decoder strategy uses exactly 17 512-byte sectors per frame. So as long as you join two or more AVF files at 17-sector boundaries, then the resulting merged file should play correctly.

Please use caution, back up your files etc., but using GNU tools, this could be done as follows:

truncate -s /8704 A.avf B.avf C.avf D.avf
cat A.avf B.avf C.avf D.avf > E.avf

Where "-s /8704" means truncate down to the nearest multiple of 8704 bytes. Again, CAUTION! This will remove up to 8703 bytes of your file! So, please back up if you are unsure.

See also:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/211689-60-fps-video-using-side-2/?do=findComment&comment=2744987

i would like to ask if is possible to add function play next avf automatically to AVFPlayer for AVG cart?

idea: after 1st movie ends player automacically move to the next AVF via press arrow down and than itself hit return :)

So I mean, that player finish avf play, ends itself, tham arrow down, return and plaaay :) I dont know if it is possible or not, but could be nice feature and it is not necessarry to merge AVF files to one long.

4 hours ago, Poison said:

i would like to ask if is possible to add function play next avf automatically to AVFPlayer for AVG cart?

idea: after 1st movie ends player automacically move to the next AVF via press arrow down and than itself hit return :)

So I mean, that player finish avf play, ends itself, tham arrow down, return and plaaay :) I dont know if it is possible or not, but could be nice feature and it is not necessarry to merge AVF files to one long.

That would be a function of the AVGCART menu system, not the player itself. The menu system is responsible for setting up the stream for any particular file and then the player just reads it.

I'm not sure if @tmp has published any documentation on the hardware registers which are used to interact with the SD card.

All I know is that the player enables the stream by writing a "1" to $D510 and then bangs on the read register at $D5F0. To cleanup it should write a "1" followed by a "0" around 250 cycles later to $D511.