IGNORED

I've just gone and bought my first Jaguar from ebay

Ross PK

Double Dragon V would be OK if it weren't for the fact that it is impossible to get the opponents life meter down before the time runs out. This game is clearly broken. But, I own it regardless. The box is cool and it is not a common game by any stretch. Still sucks ass though.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jaguar 2000 said:

Isn't it a thing that some new jaguar games that exist  for sale today from the 90s still have the "clearance sale $9.99" red sticker on the plastic wrap :D
even if it was $19.99 i would buy them all except Dino Dudes and Double Dragon V. 

What do you have against Dino Dudes?

11 hours ago, eightbit said:

Double Dragon V would be OK if it weren't for the fact that it is impossible to get the opponents life meter down before the time runs out. This game is clearly broken. But, I own it regardless. The box is cool and it is not a common game by any stretch. Still sucks ass though.

so its not me alone who thinks the game is broken and bug riddled- the only time u get to actually hit the enemy is when they jump. otherwise they keep blocking. only way to win is to set the counter to 30 and hope u do more damafe to the opponent before time runs out. they should have just copied and pasted the genesis version to the Jaguar. 

13 hours ago, Jaguar 2000 said:

so its not me alone who thinks the game is broken and bug riddled- the only time u get to actually hit the enemy is when they jump. otherwise they keep blocking. only way to win is to set the counter to 30 and hope u do more damafe to the opponent before time runs out. they should have just copied and pasted the genesis version to the Jaguar. 

Not trying to be an @ss to past developers, but this only shows how the Jag was fighting a war counting on the worst dev teams on the market.

Stuff like that is gameplay 101, there's not a single person who played this game and didn't find it broken. You must have a really bad, underpaid, how-do-I-get-out-of-this-$hit team to let basic stuff like that pass through testing.

The fact the Jag counted on such lame developers and still delivered quite a few amazing gems, to me, is one of the reasons it's my favorite console ever. It was such a powerful machine, to say it was underutilized is a massive understatement.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, marcio_napoli said:

Not trying to be an @ss to past developers, but this only shows how the Jag was fighting a war counting on the worst dev teams on the market.

Stuff like that is gameplay 101, there's not a single person who played this game and didn't find it broken. You must have a really bad, underpaid, how-do-I-get-out-of-this-$hit team to let basic stuff like that pass through testing.

The fact the Jag counted on such lame developers and still delivered quite a few amazing gems, to me, is one of the reasons it's my favorite console ever. It was such a powerful machine, to say it was underutilized is a massive understatement.

Some one has a quote from a jaguar game programmer who said the Jaguar's CPUs allowed him to do stuff with the physics an AI that was years ahead of the rest, even though graphically the game would have been inferior had it been on Playstation 1.
It was a powerful system and in the right hands could have been the best. 

42 minutes ago, Jaguar 2000 said:

Some one has a quote from a jaguar game programmer who said the Jaguar's CPUs allowed him to do stuff with the physics an AI that was years ahead of the rest, even though graphically the game would have been inferior had it been on Playstation 1.
It was a powerful system and in the right hands could have been the best. 

Yeah. Said game programmer is also known for his tendency to bullshit.

• Like 2

I know a lot of people say it's a terrible game, and I've heard about the problems that it has, but it still looks like something I would really like to play. So I've just bought myself a brand new and sealed copy of Bubsy off ebay. ?

sdsd.thumb.jpg.f6e3ab9c29ee10f3116a44518ff297a4.jpg

ffff.thumb.jpg.75c725af95e9763b83965c703a3dca32.jpg

Edited by Ross PK
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Zerosquare said:

Any proof of that, apart from the word of said programmer himself?

No. He's a bullshitter. Can't believe anything he says. That's what the guys at Microsoft were saying. ' Geez... our boys are having trouble getting this new, soon to be iconic game to run on the first Xbox. Hey let's get that full of shit guy over here. You know the one always talking out his ass...'

He should hang out here more. He'd feel right at home.

1 hour ago, Ross PK said:

I know a lot of people say it's a terrible game, and I've heard about the problems that it has, but it still looks like something I would really like to play. So I've just bought myself a brand new and sealed copy of Bubsy off ebay. ?

sdsd.thumb.jpg.f6e3ab9c29ee10f3116a44518ff297a4.jpg

ffff.thumb.jpg.75c725af95e9763b83965c703a3dca32.jpg

Open up that sealed box and breath that 1994 air inside. Mmmm...

• Haha 4

I know there are Bubsy fans and it has been released on many platforms, but for the Jaguar it is just complete sh*t in my book. I was pissed that I spent what I did when it was new, and I am still a little pissed about it today. It is just garbage in my opinion. I'd rather play Kasumi Ninja... to give you an idea. I guess if anything your purchase of this game will be a true test as to whether you stick with your Jaguar purchase regardless or sell it all off and run like hell ;) Certainly not a game I would want to start out with.

If you do hang on though and really delve into the library I think you will find the Jaguar is actually a console you will not want to give up. Unfortunately in order to do that you either have to have really deep pockets or live on ramen noodles for a while. I did the latter and I am happy with the result... other than the high blood pressure.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Ross PK said:

...but it still looks like something I would really like to play. So I've just bought myself a brand new and sealed copy of Bubsy off ebay. ?

That is amazing.  I was actually thinking "Do I make my usual comical pitch for Bubsy.  Nah.. I'll give it a rest..."  and there you bought a copy.  Nice.

It's the game that made me a Bubsy fan and start a blog here.  

My top 5 (original release) for the Jaguar are Cybermorph, Raiden, Bubsy, Tempest 2K, and Doom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doctorclu said:

That is amazing.  I was actually thinking "Do I make my usual comical pitch for Bubsy.  Nah.. I'll give it a rest..."  and there you bought a copy.  Nice.

It's the game that made me a Bubsy fan and start a blog here.  

My top 5 (original release) for the Jaguar are Cybermorph, Raiden, Bubsy, Tempest 2K, and Doom.

I just started playing the original Doom for the first time last night on my PS3 copy of Doom 3, so I could then look at some videos of Doom on the Jaguar and compare them both. I did this because I wanted to see if it was different enough on the Jaguar to make it worth getting since I already have it for the PS3.

The only differences that I've noticed so far is that the Jaguar version doesn't have music, and I think maybe it looks a bit more pixelated?

I think my Jag should be delivered tomorrow, I can't wait! :)

Edited by Ross PK

19 hours ago, eightbit said:

I know there are Bubsy fans and it has been released on many platforms, but for the Jaguar it is just complete sh*t in my book. I was pissed that I spent what I did when it was new, and I am still a little pissed about it today. It is just garbage in my opinion. I'd rather play Kasumi Ninja... to give you an idea. I guess if anything your purchase of this game will be a true test as to whether you stick with your Jaguar purchase regardless or sell it all off and run like hell ;) Certainly not a game I would want to start out with.

If you do hang on though and really delve into the library I think you will find the Jaguar is actually a console you will not want to give up. Unfortunately in order to do that you either have to have really deep pockets or live on ramen noodles for a while. I did the latter and I am happy with the result... other than the high blood pressure.

so no chicken and waffles? :) 

Edited by Jaguar 2000

19 hours ago, eightbit said:

But Kasumi Ninja is a great game!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ross PK said:

I just started playing the original Doom for the first time last night on my PS3 copy of Doom 3, so I could then look at some videos of Doom on the Jaguar and compare them both. I did this because I wanted to see if it was different enough on the Jaguar to make it worth getting since I already have it for the PS3.

The only differences that I've noticed so far is that the Jaguar version doesn't have music, and I think maybe it looks a bit more pixelated?

I think my Jag should be delivered tomorrow, I can't wait! :)

Just load in some industrial german metal or Slayer and you good to go.

post a pic of it when u set it up and that dot of green LED light is on. 

Edited by Jaguar 2000
  • Like 1