IGNORED

Atari PC1 PCM124 Monitor on ebay

KLund1

1 hour ago, KLund1 said:

Just saw this in ebay in case some one wants one. These to not come up often. FYI

Thank you for the heads up!  I'd been thinking of picking up a monochrome monitor.  I hadn't planned on buying one today, but I couldn't resist the chance to get a genuine Atari monitor to go with my PC-4.

Even better, it's an *AMBER* monitor!  :lust:

22 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

Thank you for the heads up!  I'd been thinking of picking up a monochrome monitor.  I hadn't planned on buying one today, but I couldn't resist the chance to get a genuine Atari monitor to go with my PC-4.

Even better, it's an *AMBER* monitor!  :lust:

DO IT!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaybird3rd said:

Done!  I'll post some pictures when it gets here.

Excellent.  I love the look of amber monitors so much, when I started using a VBXE machine, I made my standard colours black background and amber text!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Excellent.  I love the look of amber monitors so much, when I started using a VBXE machine, I made my standard colours black background and amber text!

I'm a HUGE fan of amber CRT monitors.  Such a pleasure to use.  I have an Amdek 300A for my XEP-80, a Hercules-compatible Amdek 310A, and some Wyse WY55 serial terminals with amber screens.  To me, amber is still the most comfortable screen color to look at for prolonged periods, and I love the warm phosphor glow you can only get with a CRT.

• Like 1

I already have a good working one of these.

I would say this is Atari's only 8-bit monitor?

Mine had very little use and the amber text is nice and sharp.

Also note that there are matching 5.25" drives on ebay for the PC1's or ST's, fyi

Enjoy, looking forward to seeing pics of this all cleaned up and looking good!

This thread, again, reminds me of the Atari EGA monitor my dad and I put in the trash. I kept the PC3 for a while, but because of lack of room, I gutted it, sent interessting ICs to Visual6502 and only kept the harddrive + controller and a piece of the case :(

But nice find! Is it CGA?

Edited by ivop

I would be happy to have pictures of any monitors that I don't currently have pictures for. Front, back and anything else that may be interesting on the monitor. 

You can post here or send then in an email.

Thanks,

Mitch

Sorry, my bad eyes!

Excellent page by the way. Bookmarked for future reference!

Be sure add amber on black to the PCM124 note.

There are many good pics in here and from a google search to help fill some of the missing pics on your page. I do not think anyone would mind you using them for reference purposes.

Thanks. I am trying not to leach photos from other sites. Though it is certainly tempting to do so.

I would love to add other stuff like scans of user manuals and service manuals if anybody wants to scan their own. I have the service manual for the SC-1435 that I scanned and need to upload but I could use any other ones.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Mitch

No problem about hijacking. This all make for good discussion.

I do not think 'leach' is the right word, or even idea.

People put pics online for all to view. If an item is up for sale, that person obviously does not want it any more. So getting those pics should not be a problem, or you can wit until after it is sold.

Our hobby is a very niche one, and almost everyone seems willing to contribute in some way to help keep it going. I do not think anyone would mind if you used online pics for a archive or reference purposes. Inline with that, it is probably better to have this info available in more that one place.

If you still have some bad feeling about it, you could watermark, or note the source of the pic or manual.

You probably know it, but if not, here is a good podcast about Atair monitors.

https://inverseatascii.info/2018/03/02/1632-e005-the-one-with-the-monitors/ 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the very good news is that the PCM124 monitor has arrived, well-packed and in good condition.  The bad news is that I didn't read the sticker on the back of the monitor closely enough before I bought it: it's 240V and 50Hz, with a European power cord, which makes it all but unusable for me here in the US.  (It would have helped if the seller had posted pictures of the cords; I would have spotted that right away.)

I'll still clean it up a bit and post some pictures, and then I'll probably repost it here in the Marketplace for another AtariAge member who could use it.  Or, anyone interested can simply send me a PM.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 2:02 PM, Mitch said:

I would be happy to have pictures of any monitors that I don't currently have pictures for. Front, back and anything else that may be interesting on the monitor. 

You can post here or send then in an email.

Thanks,

Mitch

There was a thread on here about the XC-1411 as I recall with pics.

47 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

Well, the very good news is that the PCM124 monitor has arrived, well-packed and in good condition.  The bad news is that I didn't read the sticker on the back of the monitor closely enough before I bought it: it's 240V and 50Hz, with a European power cord, which makes it all but unusable for me here in the US.  (It would have helped if the seller had posted pictures of the cords; I would have spotted that right away.)

I'll still clean it up a bit and post some pictures, and then I'll probably repost it here in the Marketplace for another AtariAge member who could use it.  Or, anyone interested can simply send me a PM.

Isn't VGA the same both sides of the pond? Maybe just a step up transformer would make it usable?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mimo said:

Isn't VGA the same both sides of the pond? Maybe just a step up transformer would make it usable?

Perhaps it would; I don't have a step up transformer handy, and I wonder if the refresh rate would still pose a problem.  (Also, the monitor isn't VGA; it's a TTL monochrome monitor with a 9-pin video cable.)

13 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

Perhaps it would; I don't have a step up transformer handy, and I wonder if the refresh rate would still pose a problem.  (Also, the monitor isn't VGA; it's a TTL monochrome monitor with a 9-pin video cable.)

Ok, sorry I thought they were VGA 

Wow !!

I did not see that either. Sorry about posted with out looking closer!

I have used one of these for 240v items

https://www.grainger.com/product/30C515?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uH6BRDQARIsAI3I-UfHZKRyG6pNHkn9uAYrsvKp4hWZLN3cn0BcB8qPL4S6zl8XFNrxvkAaAr2NEALw_wcB&cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&ef_id=Cj0KCQjw-uH6BRDQARIsAI3I-UfHZKRyG6pNHkn9uAYrsvKp4hWZLN3cn0BcB8qPL4S6zl8XFNrxvkAaAr2NEALw_wcB:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!281698275255!!!g!471571925921!&gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:EUGDJC:20500731

It is not too expensive.

I has come in handy a few times with stuff I got from euroupe, and for friends that had similar computer items.