IGNORED

Star Castle fans?

phuzaxeman

Just now, socrates63 said:

?‍♂️ as a kid, I pumped in a lot of quarters into Star Castle. It was at a convenience store conveniently located right next to the apartment building where we lived.

I got the 2600 release from the store here. It'd be phenomenal to see it for the 5200.

Me too.  I played Star Castle at my 7 Eleven store.

• Like 3

Here it is in action since the link wasn't optimized so I copied and pasted it so I can see for myself, DO IT!!!

We would love to see a 5200 conversion of Star Island!!! How many are with me on this??? @Wrathchild @playsoft @Ryan Witmer???

I called for a 5200 port of Yars' Revenge (based on @Thelen's brilliant Yar's Strike) and playsoft delivered for me (it took 4 years to have happen as nobody took it seriously except for him and look at the success it became, why not Star Island???

I also included the ROm of Yar's Strike that he did up, it's tougher than the original Yars' Revenge ever was, as the Qotile is more aggressive in this one, especially as a swirl, outta nowhere he strikes at Yar, as he is quicker than in the OG 2600 version. 

Yar's Strike.bin

• Like 2

Whoever converts Star Island for the 5200 will get full credit and also I will review it on The Atari Report - 5200 Edition.

BTW. I will be recording the in-game voiceover for the 5200 conversion of Thetris this afternoon and then it will be uploaded along with @Red 5's brilliant Megamania hack, the baseball-oriented YankeeMania on the 2600 Edition of TAR as well, that was finished quite some time ago, but yes, provided someone make Star Island for the 5200, I will give it a full review and let all of you know what I think.

Here is the A8 version of Star Island to stir up interest:

Star Island (1982)(Binary Computer Software)(US)[m title][t +1 Wizard][req OSb].zip Star Island (1982)(Binary Computer Software)(US).zip

Edited by BIGHMW
To add additional available ROM
  • Like 1

Works on Big Sexy with my Atarimax, thanks once again @playsoft!!! I'll try to get it down pat this week and later give my full review of it on The Atari Report - 5200 Edition!!! ?

....and yes, you WILL get your full credit on this one as I always do with everyone who comes up with gems like these!!!

Let's see:

Scramble, Yar's Strike, Galaga, Moon Patrol Redux, and now this!!! Wonderfully done!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, playsoft said:

Only tested in Altirra but seems OK. Start to begin, * for number of players, # for difficulty.

star_island.bin 16 kB · 7 downloads

Thank you for your work.  Just got done playing and everything works great.  Controls work good on the stock controller. 

Edited by phuzaxeman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I plan of reviewing Star Island on this next 5200 Edition of The Atari Report and I will be filming the episode this afternoon and it should be up later tonight after I add the in-game voiceover for it.

As for the 2600 Edition I will be reviewing Dennis @DEBRO's masterpiece, Pac-Man 4K for the 2600.

Both episodes will be ready and uploaded to YouTube by tomorrow morning if not later tonight.

• Like 2