IGNORED

What were some of your favorite video game tunes for games released before 1985?

Leeroy ST

When it comes to gaming music you usually don't here much titles from before 1985 enter the conversation much (outside maybe Spy Hunter and Pac-Land) and I though that as classic gaming fans we could post some of our favorites.

Here are some of mine:

BallBlazer (Atari 8-bit)

MAPPY (Arcade)

Pac and Pal (Arcade)

ARCHON (C64)

• Like 2

The whole game... but the practice race music is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard. 

I know it came much later but the FM Towns version of the the Practice Race music is the best version:

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 4

Gyruss?  I first played it on C64 and it sounds great.

I generally just don't notice music.  I think Rob Hubbard didn't start until Thing on a Spring in '85, but I'm sure there were other C64 games with great music in '84 and earlier.

Edit C64 games with music I remember from '84 or earlier

Agent USA

Bruce Lee

Ghostbusters

Summer Games

Jumpman

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mr_me said:

Intellivision Snafu (1981)

Intellivision Thunder Castle (1983)

Atari 800 MULE (1983)

Intellivision League of Light (1983)

Wasn't Thunder Castle delayed and only finished than released in 86? That's why I didn't include it in the OP because it was one of the first games I thought of lol. 

It definitely surprised me with it's music long ago, for an Intellivision game? I think there were 3 tracks iirc. 

Otherwise, was interested in League of Light but the only info I found on it is here on Atariage and the implication is it's a late released or homebrew?

Agree with MULE though, I also remembered Ally Cat I think that was also a 800 game.

• Like 1

Thunder Castle was completed in 1983 but not in time to go to production before Mattel Electronics closed.  Same goes for Thin Ice.  League of Light was probably unfinished at Activision in 1983 but the same programmers converted it to the commodore 64 as Master of Lamps.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Leeroy ST said:

Is it just me or is the arcade version much longer than the console version? Like as if they cut out parts of the track.

I just listened to both tracks of the arcade version and the NES version (if that's the console you're referring to), and it does seem like the NES version plays slightly faster and later parts of the track are cut out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...