IGNORED

Twin Famicom can't read disks

boye

Hi all,
My Twin Famicom has decided not to read disks after I put in a castlevania disk, and now it just throws Error 22 after a bit of loading. This only started when my Castlevania disk failed to read, and Zelda is my only other disk.

It is possible the head miscalibrated:

https://www.famicomdisksystem.com/tutorials/fds-repair-mod/belt-replacement-adjustment/

Side note: on my Twin Famicom there was the copy protection PCB that I simply bypassed by connecting the main PCB directly to the floppy, it was not in all Twin and some had it integrated (so it can't be removed). Not saying it is the cause of your woes but in case.

It looks like an extra small board that sits in between the floppy and the power PCB.

Retuning might be in order, as well as checking your belt.

I was like you recently, getting error 22 all over, and thoguh "Hmmm my disk belt is not even 2 years old, it can't be that".

When I opened my Twin, the belt snapped in half.

Discussing with people selling belts, there are alot of low quality belts on the market, and also, when reproduction was much more rare and expensive, sellers would hold of belt stocks for years.

That "brand new" belt you got in your Twin Famicom might actually have been manufactured 10 years ago...

Edited by CatPix