IGNORED

SCART Audio Injector?

pixelmischief

1 hour ago, pixelmischief said:

I have a device that outputs RGB video on a din connector with a cable that breaks out to a SCART connector.  The device also outputs stereo (dual-mono) audio.  I would like to inject the audio signals onto the SCART connector.  Is there such a device?  My Amazon/eBay searches have come up short.

The audio signals would need to be pulled from the audio l/r (or dual mono) into the scart connector itself. It shouldn't be too difficult to wire two rca style connections right to the audio IN pins (wire one mono to left and the other to right). It'll probably take you longer to strip the cabling than to get that soldered in and done on the SCART connector.

14 hours ago, pixelmischief said:

I would like to inject the audio signals onto the SCART connector.  Is there such a device?  My Amazon/eBay searches have come up short.

If you are looking for something you can plus a SCART and Audio jack into that combines the Video input from the SCRAT and Audio from the Jack and outputs both on a SCART then it is not something I have ever come across, probably because there is not enough demand, or of it does exist it will be part of some expensive audio/video editing system.

It is not clear to me if by "breaks out to a SCART connector you mean a socket or a cable with a plug on it, same with the audio output. Either way I would suggest getting a SCART to SCART and Audio Jack to Audio Jack (of the applicable size, 6.25mm or 3.5mm) cable and modify them as necessary rather than messing with the existing cables or the inside of the device. Particularly if you are not experience in such things as you don't want to damage the original.