IGNORED

Weird 800 Pick Up - Pics -

Paul Westphal

I just got this 800. The color was off so I took it apart and there was no adjustment hole in the aluminum shield ( which looks rough and has no stickers ).

The top has been jerry rigged, but actually works well. I was thinking this was some sort of demo model..

Check out the serial #'s to see if there is anything odd..

Paul

62010977832__CF239BF3-0757-4886-96A7-CFDEB160DCB0.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

It's die-cast metal shielding and occasionally, as happens with plastics too, when the cast was being filled for some reason it didn't fill quite right; hot spots, etc., and left the flow marks, still perfectly good for it's purpose and normally not exposed, so I'm sure they let it slide past quality control as acceptable. I've seen it lots on all types of die-cast and plastic injection-molded type of stuff. I even worked in my younger days for half a year at an injection mold company that made truck bed liners (Penda) so I've seen this stuff professionally and otherwise over the years.

Nice hack job for the cart cover, but I'm more interested in the red reset button...

On 8/28/2020 at 11:46 PM, Sugarland said:

It's also missing the LEFT CART - RIGHT CART labels.  Very cool find!   Does the lower label under the serial # have a date code? How is that read?   "G 142 AW211423-16 2/10 L40   P"

My early model (originally CTIA) 800 doesn't have L/R labels either, and I don't think they were ever removed, there is no sign that there were ever any there, but who knows with the age of it and being through multiple owners over the years.

It's interesting to see a red button, especially when I thought it was colored plastic and not paint, but now that I know it's paint, I've lost any curiosity and interest. No way i'm going to ruin my orange reset button with red paint, the orange matches better anyway. It was just something new to see, but that wears out fast. Besides, my 800 has internal RGB LED lighting, so I can make it shine red out of all of it's orifices if I want, and in the dark the buttons look different shades of red/orange anyway.

Edited by Gunstar