IGNORED

TheC64 Full Size - Pre-orders Open for USA

StephenJ

Thanks for the summary. I understand that the selection depends on which games they can obtain licensing from. Strange to see Gremlin Graphics (UK based) game West Bank (7.6 on Lemon64) exclusive for the US version. While it is a clone of some other arcade game, I don't think licensing would make it harder to include in Europe. I mean many buyers would rather play it than a game like Bear Bovver (3.0).

• Like 1

Hi all,

I kind of did a "spur of the moment thing" last Sunday night...  I wanted to see if any "64 Maxis" were available anywhere in the US.

I found one on the "iWoot.us" website, a website that sells a bunch of crazy stuff that appears to be all over the map as far as topics go.

They had only one 64 available, so I bought it thinking they'd cancel the order once they realized that they didn't really have any in stock.

But lo and behold, it shipped and arrived today, only 3 days later (from the UK - it is the UK version)!

Honestly, it blew my mind!  It still kind of does!  LOL!

JR

• Like 2

2 hours ago, themewsh said:

I decided to just e-mail RetroGames directly, they said they are hoping for more N. American stock to land in January 2021. So that's good news!

I hope for everyone’s sake they do. They did not do pre-order buyers right, or Amazon didn’t. I did my C64 pre-order in August and got it the same day people were starting to get cancellation notices, and like I said, I was able to somehow get a euro Vic20 ordered (and delivered - miracle!) before that option totally disappeared on Amazon. There seems to be a scad of minis still on the virtual shelves - they need to crank more of these out. The demand is obviously there. 

Then they need to do Amiga, and Atari 8 bit, and ST, and... LOL

1 hour ago, JohnnyRockets said:

Hi all,

I kind of did a "spur of the moment thing" last Sunday night...  I wanted to see if any "64 Maxis" were available anywhere in the US.

I found one on the "iWoot.us" website, a website that sells a bunch of crazy stuff that appears to be all over the map as far as topics go.

They had only one 64 available, so I bought it thinking they'd cancel the order once they realized that they didn't really have any in stock.

But lo and behold, it shipped and arrived today, only 3 days later (from the UK - it is the UK version)!

Honestly, it blew my mind!  It still kind of does!  LOL!

JR

Wow, really? What was the total cost to buy/have shipped?

I wonder if they shot themselves in the foot in the US with the Mini, which people really didn't want and didn't sell and made retailers not interested in this, which is much more desirable. While the C64 is console like in some ways, it's still a computer and the keyboard is essential for any but the most superficial use.

10 hours ago, TimsterAA said:

Hey all - I just happened to notice the dealer I got my Vic20 from is still showing 7 available. $145 shipped from the UK. Link if you’re interested:

The Vic20 (Electronic Games) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BSMKXKV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_H0CYFbD5MBT2C?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Well there's at least one less, thank you!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, themewsh said:

For those with UK versions in N America, has anyone had luck using a standard 5v 1a phone charger adapter/block for power? I’ve got a drawer full and am hoping one would work.

Yes. I use one with my 'The Vic20' and it works fine. The PSU that came with it is also 5V 1A.