IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 8 - TRON: Deadly Discs

[ Intellivision HSC Season 13 ]

{ Game 8 }

TRON: Deadly Discs

Mattel-Tron-Deadly-Discs.jpg

TRON: Deady Discs by Mattel 1982

tron_deadly_discs.gif

Our hero, TRON, is locked in battle against the Evil Blue Warriors.

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21634/intellivision/TRON-Deadly-Discs-1981-Mattel.html

High Score Club Record

7,865,700 mr_me (DISC) 13,160,150 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN (New Record) +2

Game Setting

PRESS DISC (TOP SPEED)

Game ends,
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH 11:59PM EST

(HIGH SCORES)

1. 13,160,150 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN

2. 9,192,600 IntyFanMatt

3. 9,010,950 Rickster8

4. 5,166,200 mr_me

5. 1,315,850 Ace24

6. 1,178,200 JacobZu7zu7

7. 1,095,100 BiffMan

8. 1,093,000 gar0u

9. 167,250 hoosierdadee78

10. 75,000 Intelligentleman

11. 67,500 Player One

12. 12,250 fakecortex

13. 2,150 jblenkle

Rankings

1. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN [+101]

2. Rickster8 [+95]

3. IntyFanMatt [+92]

4. BiffMan [+81]

5. JacobZu7zu7 [+63]

6. Ace24 [+44]

7. mr_me [+36]

8. fakecortex [+31]

9. Player One [+30]

10. hoosierdadee78 [+24]

11. JasonlikesINTV [+19]

11. Intelligentleman [+19]

13. gar0u [+15]

14. roadrunner [+14]

15. ed1475 [+11]

16. Jimmy KDawg [+7]

16. jblenkle [+7]

18. Oscar G. [+6]

19. Mangia-boy [+5]

20. S.BAZ [+4]

21. dpisacane [+3]

22. cmadruga [+1]

Games Won

4 IntyFanMatt - Shark! Shark! / Pac-man / Worm Whomper / Pitfall

2 Rickster8 - Space Armada / Auto Racing

2 BiffMan - Auto Racing / Utopia

2 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN - Night Stalker / Pitfall

Sneak Preview:

Star Strike (Game 9)

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Sorry mr_me, but those are in the same format of the Utopia instructions you sent out, and they are very hard to read.  Here is a much more readable version:

http://www.pixelatedarcade.com/pictures/package-contents/1743/TRON-Deadly-Discs-Instruction-Manual.pdf

I do recommend using pixelatedarcade.com for all instruction manuals.  It's a perfect site for that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

So it looks like if you stand right above the second horizontal line from the top and next to either diagonal vertical line you will be pretty much in line to hit it, unless something gets in your way.

Yes you have to be precise on either side and time it exactly right.  The two spots are different though in relation to the horizontal line...it won't matter where you are in relation to the vertical line.  You can be as close or far away from the recognizer as you want, as long as you stand in the correct position near the horizontal line and time your throw right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yes you have to be precise on either side and time it exactly right.  The two spots are different though in relation to the horizontal line...it won't matter where you are in relation to the vertical line.  You can be as close or far away from the recognizer as you want, as long as you stand in the correct position near the horizontal line and time your throw right.

Isn't the timing kind of luck though?

2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Are you sure? If you must hit the recognizer's "eye," which moves back and forth, wouldn't your distance from the diagonal vertical lines determine when your disc hits the recognizer - and thereby when you need to throw?

9 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Are you sure? If you must hit the recognizer's "eye," which moves back and forth, wouldn't your distance from the diagonal vertical lines determine when your disc hits the recognizer - and thereby when you need to throw?

No it doesn't matter.  Only matters when you throw the disc.  If you are bit closer to it, then wait a beat longer, and vice versa.  But it is best to stay near the vertical line anyway for betting judgement on the timing.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

No it doesn't matter.  Only matters when you throw the disc.  If you are bit closer to it, then wait a beat longer, and vice versa.  But it is best to stay near the vertical line anyway for betting judgement on the timing.

That's so counter-intuitive to me! But I'm excited to try again with this knowledge.

5 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Lately, he's been just sneak peeking every 2nd game, which I quite like. Some teasing, some surprises, good balance. 

He's included a sneak peak on the title page of each of the last 4 games, so my understanding is that he changed it and is now doing it on every game.  I think it helps, especially if you don't have the game, so you can buy it on eBay in time, or download it for emulation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

He's included a sneak peak on the title page of each of the last 4 games, so my understanding is that he changed it and is now doing it on every game.  I think it helps, especially if you don't have the game, so you can buy it on eBay in time, or download it for emulation.

That's what happens when you pay attention. You get disappointed. My reality is much more exciting! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From Jacob, season standings:

Rankings

AFTER Worm Whomper/Utopia

1. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN [+85]

2. Rickster8 [+81]

3. IntyFanMatt [+76]

4. BiffMan [+70]

5. JacobZu7zu7 [+50]

6. mr_me [+36]

7. Ace24 [+35]

8. Player One [+22]

9. fakecortex [+21]

10. JasonlikesINTV [+19]

11. hoosierdadee78 [+18]

12. Intelligentleman [+14]

12. gar0u [+14]

14. ed1475 [+11]

15. roadrunner [+7]

16. Oscar G. [+6]

16. Jimmy KDawg [+6]

18. Mangia-boy [+5]

19. S.BAZ [+4]

20. dpisacane [+3]

20. jblenkle [+3]

22. cmadruga [+1]

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

1st Entry - @IntyFanMatt - Hahahahaha see I told you Matt. At 1 Million I'm toast. Lol and it wasn't even from the Orange Shock Stick guys.... ?

TRON(1000750)S13.jpg.8a09773c0da17dbb2106c0b32bcc1600.jpg

What a great place to start (1 Mill) to improve on your game! Look at the positives! You’re going to finish with a great score! 

• Like 2