IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 8 - TRON: Deadly Discs

17 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Is it more advantageous to stop moment and attack or to be able to attack whilst moving? 

I'm not saying either way; just stating my preference, regardless of its impact on scoring.

To me...the stopping is no big deal because it gives me a split second to line up my shot or throw.  I feel like I am less accurate if I am throwing my disc on the move all the time.

• Like 2

Eventually, I either get hit with a brown disc and I get stabbed by my orange friend.... or the orange guys swarm me while I’m getting my disc back and they stab me together like I’m a shish-kabob ! 

I definitely cannot go on forever LOL ! plus I have a well-documented shaking problem when my score gets high and a game gets intense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

So you play with two controllers?  It's not easy playing that way but if you can master it, it's definitely an advantage.  Whatever way you play, if you can get two million you can get twelve million because the game doesn't get any harder. 

Hi Mr. Me! ... No, I can’t use that overlapping controller trick. It’s too bulky for me and it’s awkward because I never used that method (like Matt). However, I know a guy who knows a guy who Loves the overlapping controller trick! To each his own! Like Gentleman said... he loves it.... for Night Stalker, Discs of Tron and D&D; and I’ve heard that before !! 

And one day, I’ll break every record on this game (NOT) LOL. I was really good in 1983 but I’m a little less energetic at my age and my arms, shoulders and hands get tired so I can’t go on even if I wanted to. 

For example, I could probably match Matt on Worm Whomper skill-wise but my fingers and thumbs just cannot handle the pain like when I was a teenager. 

if I was competing in 1983/84 ..... Man .... I would be some competitor !!!!! 

1 hour ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Hi Mr. Me! ... No, I can’t use that overlapping controller trick. It’s too bulky for me and it’s awkward because I never used that method (like Matt). However, I know a guy who knows a guy who Loves the overlapping controller trick! To each his own! Like Gentleman said... he loves it.... for Night Stalker, Discs of Tron and D&D; and I’ve heard that before !! 

And one day, I’ll break every record on this game (NOT) LOL. I was really good in 1983 but I’m a little less energetic at my age and my arms, shoulders and hands get tired so I can’t go on even if I wanted to. 

For example, I could probably match Matt on Worm Whomper skill-wise but my fingers and thumbs just cannot handle the pain like when I was a teenager. 

if I was competing in 1983/84 ..... Man .... I would be some competitor !!!!! 

So you use a controller in each hand?

11 minutes ago, mr_me said:

So you use a controller in each hand?

No! Just one controller the old fashioned way. The only game that I’ll use 2 controllers is mocrosurgeon. I move the probe with the left disc and shoot with the right disc (simultaneously). And the same with Dracula. I move the zombie with my right disc. But I haven’t played those since the 90’s !!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

On the board, 1st entry:

One controller.  ? 

30 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Lol where's Tron? Did they eat him? ?

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

2nd Entry - A little improvement. Tried to get through the upper right door, didn't fit perfectly I guess and then I was toast..... Hard to clear rounds when those orange guys each take 4 hits.... ?

TRON(1156250)S13.jpg.f5c45529602672313fa7d622c8615f37.jpg

good scores guys!!!!!! ? 

33 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

0F9C443A-999B-428F-80DA-2E5069F05E6A.jpeg

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

After 1 million points, this game is awesome. Fighting those orange guards is a blast. 

D37D20C3-E841-4490-A858-6A74F3849ECB.jpeg

Great score. I kind of wish the game only had the orange guys at 1 million though. The guys with the discs (especially the brown disc guy) makes conquering the orange guys extremely difficult...... The orange guys are hard enough, lol

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Great score. I kind of wish the game only had the orange guys at 1 million though. The guys with the discs (especially the brown disc guy) makes conquering the orange guys extremely difficult...... The orange guys are hard enough, lol

I completely agree with you. I hate the guys with the brown discs. As soon as you get hit once by them, you are toast if there is a guard nearby. Can be very frustrating. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

3rd Entry - Finally had a big game. It helps having every single doorway opened. ?

TRON(2973000)S13.jpg.077effcdfe757f39606b9aaf48073315.jpg

Ahhh Man! You just pushed me to third place ... just by a whisper !!! And with Mr. Me being fashionably late on his entry, that’s fourth place LOL. (Kidding Senior Me!!) - Super job competing after a million Rickster :) 

• Like 2