IGNORED

Curt Vendel has passed away. :(

Albert

I'm not really involved in the classic gaming scene these days but I just heard about Curt's passing and figured there would be many here expressing their respects for him and wanted to do the same. Very sad news for the community and of course especially for his family.

I first met Curt in person at the Philly Classic back in 2001. He was kind enough to let me use the 2600 at his booth to demonstrate the Cuttle Cart prototype to the public. He was always very generous with his supplies, his knowledge, and his kindness.

Just an all around great guy and he'll truly be missed.

RIP Curt.

Edited by cschell
  • Like 8

On 9/1/2020 at 5:25 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

RIP Curt.

Anyone have a nice photo?  I have heard the mans name hundreds or thousands of times but have no idea what he looks like?  Much appreciated. 

https://archive.org/details/bbs-20030323-vendel

Click that and you will see him immediately.

For the past 15 years or so, I considered Curt Vendel to be Atari.

• Like 2

Curt Vendel's family has created a GoFundMe campaign to help with his daughter's college education. Curt was a stalwart figure in the classic gaming community, spending countless hours digging up and sharing information for over 30 years via his AtariMuseum.com website. To say nothing of all the people he helped in various ways over that time. Please consider contributing if you are able. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/24lkoij26o

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4