IGNORED

Spine pictures wanted for Crackpots, Frostbite and Plaque Attack

insertclevernamehere

Posted this a week ago in the "Wanted" section but not getting many views or joy.  Someone was kind enough to post pics of the KK spine but nothing for the other 3.  I'm hoping that it will get more visits here and I'll have more luck.

Original post copied and pasted below:

I want to do universal game case covers for the above Atari 2600 Activision titles.  They are missing from thecoverproject.net or in the case of Keystone Kapers, has the incorrect spine.  Can anyone provide good quality photos of the spines, specifically the picture on the spine for the above games?  I can use what is on gamesdatabase.org for the back and front covers and the game titles on the spine but the pictures are missing.  Many thanks if you can.

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, atarichar said:

@insertclevernamehere   Did you happen to create the cover files for these games? If so, would you be willing to post them here for someone who's less photoshop-savvy? :)

Thanks in advance if you're able!

I have a long list of 30 games I want to create covers for that are not on thecoverproject.net for my own personal use.  While not up to the standards on thecoverproject, I'm happy with them.  I have no clue how to recreate the exact font used for the originals for text on the back covers for example.  I'm up to game 8 and the above Activision games start at 10 so not done yet.  They're taking me about 2 weeks for each one.  Once done on gimp, I flatten the images and export as pdf's.  I haven't printed any of them yet.  I won't be doing that until after the kids go back to school or lockdown is over.  If it's possible to put the pdf's on here somehow for others to use, I'll do it but off the top of my head, not sure how.  It's amazing a techno luddite like me has done as well as I have on gimp.  If anyone's interested, the covers I've done so far are, Solar Storm (first one done and probably the worst effort), Mines of Minos, Room of Doom, Worm War I, Cross Force, Mega Force and Star Wars: RotJ Ewok Adventure.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, nads said:

Looks Great!

Cheers.  Much appreciated.  Considering I'm only using the freebie gimp and not a suite of fancy software like Photoshop, Illustrator etc, and I'm a technophobe who prefers to avoid computers if I can, I've done ok.  I will post some more soon when I get on the mac.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, reklen said:

Have you searched all the forums on the cover project, sometimes you have to dig.  Some of the best covers aren't on the site.  Its been a while since I've been there but I'm sure someone has made those covers.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked it out for a few minutes.  Some very talented people on there but I had no luck tracking down the covers I wanted.  I might if I spent more time but I'm enjoying making them myself.

I decided to tackle Keystone Kapers first.  The front and back of the cover on thecoverproject.net are good so that's what I used.  it's just the spine is not how it should be.  I removed the Atari logo at the bottom of the spine, which shouldn't be there in the first place.  Then resized and repositioned the Activision logo from the top to the bottom of the spine, where it should be.  Repositioned and resized the Keystone Kapers title.  Then, perhaps most importantly, I added the Keystone cop picture, which also needed some work as the colours were quite degraded from the image I used.  Lastly I added the serial number and we have a cover whose spine more closely resembles the genuine article than the one on thecoverproject.net.  Enjoy.  Next I will have a crack at Crackpots.  

KeystoneKapersCover.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Here's 2 different versions of Crackpots.  I did not have fun with this one.  It was definitely more challenging than I expected.  The only difference between the 2 is the spine.  For some reason, the title of "Crackpots" was put further down on the spine than all the other Activision releases that I know of so I did one as close to the original as possible.  For uniformity on my shelf, I might print the other cover off, where I have placed the spine title at the top, like all the other Activision titles I have. Frostbite next.

Looking at these further, I am not happy with the front or spine title.  I think I might work on them some more before moving on to Frostbite.

CrackpotsCoverFlat.pdf CrackpotsCoverSpineLikeAllOthersFlat.pdf

Edited by insertclevernamehere

I've definitely tidied up the Crackpots front cover and spine title.  Also decided I like the spine title starting at the top like all the other Activision titles so that's the only improved version I've done.  Some eagle-eyed people may notice there's no "TM" at the end of both titles.  Basically I couldn't be bothered.

CrackpotsImprovedCoverFlat.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure if I was exceeding any kind of upload limit with these and reached out to Albert a while back but got no response.  I know he's an extremely busy man but I've had no cease and desist from an administrator so I guess I'm ok.  Now finished Frostbite.  Last but not least I will do Plaque Attack.

FrostbiteCoverFlat.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apologies to anyone who has already downloaded and printed my MegaForce cover.  When cutting and inserting my cover into a UGC today, I noticed the front and spine titles were off centre. I have since fixed it and also added a better quality screenshot.  I will not include it here until I've printed it to make sure it's all ok.  Nobody bother downloading the MegaForce cover until I've uploaded a corrected pdf.