IGNORED

RIP Curt Vendel

Bill Lange

Jason Scott is reporting on Twitter that Curt Vendel passed away. ?

He was always generous with me, lending me equipment, or taking photos when I asked. I was also able to help him out with some of his projects by 3D printing stuff for him.

He was a huge part of the success of the massive Atari exhibit at VCF East 2019. Thanks for everything Curt.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 38

I am terribly sad to hear this news. The last time that I saw Curt was at Vintage Computer Fest East in 2019 but it had been more than 10 years since the last time that I had seen him before that.  It was great catching up with him and I was looking forward to seeing him again at this year's VCFE but of course the world prevented that from happening. Curt was an interesting guy to say the least; he had a manner about him that was kind of like a Mack Truck!  He was boisterous and self assured and a wealth of knowledge.  I really liked Curt a lot and am sorry that I'll never get the opportunity to talk with him again. :(

• Like 2