IGNORED

RIP Curt Vendel

Bill Lange

WHAT ???!!?!?

I...i don't believe it!! No$^*%&* way!!!!

He was the "Atari Insider", the head huncho of all thing Atari's...damn, he known more about Atari than even Bushnell himself!

I only met him once in a PhillyClassic meeting and we exchange a few emails here and there and he was always so helpful and

so dedicated. This is indeed the saddest news i've heard this year. =(

So Rest In Peace Curt, we will cherish all the things you did for this community...bless you!

• Like 4

only got to chat with him a handful of times via PM. always found him to be polite, approachable and extremely knowledgeable and helpful in equal measure.

he'll be missed. RIP Curt.

At last year's VCF East I was honored that Curt allowed me to exhibit the ST-Pad and EST prototypes with my Atari ST bit of the mega Atari exhibit. I only met him a few times, but he was always so personable and his passion for Atari was infectious. 

I am saddened by his passing and hope the best for his family and friends. 

794188601_ScreenShot2020-08-31at5_32_08PM.thumb.png.10399fedc25b30012ba74a64dcd91385.png

• Like 5

I am beyond devastated.  I am pleased and proud to have worked with him on the Flashback/Flashback 2 Engineering Team for Atari and his contributions of rare games during the founding days of the American Classic Arcade Museum. He will be missed.

Edited by mstulir
Typo
  • Like 2

I learned about this a short time ago.  Really sad and unexpected news.  I had the chance to meet Curt at CGE (2014) and he was a very nice guy.  This is a big loss for the retro community.  Rest in peace, Curt.  You'll be missed. 

My deepest condolences to his family.

• Like 1