IGNORED

WTB: Someone to pick up my Atari 2600.

adamchevy

6 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

Dave from Dave’s Arcade contacted me today about the description of my console and Edladdin controller so he could go find it in his storage unit. He said he had many Atari 2600 consoles to look through so he needed a good description. Atleast I might have my console back sometime soon! Now I feel bad for all the other Atari consoles that are lost in his storage unit. Unless he owns them all?

You would think he would have kept your controller with your system making it VERY easy to find, but hey, what the hell do I know? :P

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Shawn said:

You would think he would have kept your controller with your system making it VERY easy to find, but hey, what the hell do I know? :P

You would think he would have kept his name or some identifier on each item delivered to him for work for easy discovery. Sigh.

• Like 3

Keeping customer items together, labeled, and tracked are just a few things which should be standard-op for repair shops.  This is something that Louis Rossman of Rossmann Repair Group is working on: to develop a set of industry standards.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, adamchevy said:

Looks like he found my console! Now hopefully I can get it shipped, and back in good condition. I’ll be playing my old 2600 in no time hopefully!

Glad to hear it sounds like you're getting it back!

• Like 1

It just occurred to me I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry about that. I’d like to request that this conversation be moved to wherever you think is best. Thanks, and thank you to those that where willing to help me. And to all of you that helped be a voice of reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adamchevy said:

It just occurred to me I posted this in the wrong section. Sorry about that. I’d like to request that this conversation be moved to wherever you think is best. Thanks, and thank you to those that where willing to help me. And to all of you that helped be a voice of reason.

With few exceptions, we are all here looking out for each other.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 10:21 PM, adamchevy said:

They think it got lost due to COVID-19.

On 9/1/2020 at 12:59 AM, CPUWIZ said:

Have you all forgotten about C19?  Or simply ignoring it?

On 9/1/2020 at 5:50 PM, adamchevy said:

Looks like he found my console! Now hopefully I can get it shipped, and back in good condition. I’ll be playing my old 2600 in no time hopefully!

Covid is the "go to" excuse for everyone these days... I'm not necessarily calling BS here but...the "covid card" is getting a little overplayed lol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2020 at 3:59 PM, mattsoft said:

You would think he would have kept his name or some identifier on each item delivered to him for work for easy discovery. Sigh.

I've worked in several repair shops and tech centers over the years....Never lost, misplaced, or mislabeled a single item - only time ANYTHING was done wrong was due to a co-workers attempt at sabotage to make me look bad in the inventory department.  As in, he didn't think I would know the difference in microfarad sizes on ceramic caps...he tried to embarrass me in front of the boss and entire plant, then I showed the requisition papers that showed where HE changed the parts list before I got it.  Small victory, as the owner didn't care - and guess who lost their job?  Me....for catching a mistake and preventing hundreds of boards from being returned or damaged.  Guess that's how they say "Thank You" in Arkansas...

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 5:28 PM, adamchevy said:

I paid him $200 to component mod a Sears 2600 Heavy Sixer and install a pallet changing button on an Edladdin Arcade stick.

20 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

The problem is that they didn’t install the Tim Worthington component mod.

I hope you got your $200 back? Shipping charges should be refunded too...

• Like 1