IGNORED

Help with FG99 bin image

blackbox

In theory it is possible to transfer the data files for Tunnels of Doom to a bin image, and have FG99 transfer it to VDP for the module bin to play- so that you could have an FG99 menu with several TOD games to choose, load from SD card and play, without the need for a disk or tape transfer.  I have this working on emulator but my FG99 is giving VDP corruption and hangs.

The data is over 8k so bank switching has been used- and was explicitly switched before the first access.

My starting point was the game disk images (saved to disk with the TOD module).  I have tried FG99 with and without speech, with 32k ram! and I don't have a real TI disk system.

Please could someone take a look at what I'm doing -at the end of the linked page are sample converted Quest bin files (C and G) and text details of the procedure- at:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/310163-tod-files-on-fg99/?do=getLastComment

The menu item for FG99 has been modified.

I'm making a simple error somewhere....   ta    S

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blackbox said:

In theory it is possible to transfer the data files for Tunnels of Doom to a bin image, and have FG99 transfer it to VDP for the module bin to play- so that you could have an FG99 menu with several TOD games to choose, load from SD card and play, without the need for a disk or tape transfer.  I have this working on emulator but my FG99 is giving VDP corruption and hangs.

The data is over 8k so bank switching has been used- and was explicitly switched before the first access.

My starting point was the game disk images (saved to disk with the TOD module).  I have tried FG99 with and without speech, with 32k ram! and I don't have a real TI disk system.

Please could someone take a look at what I'm doing -at the end of the linked page are sample converted Quest bin files (C and G) and text details of the procedure- at:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/310163-tod-files-on-fg99/?do=getLastComment

The menu item for FG99 has been modified.

I'm making a simple error somewhere....   ta    S

This is interesting! I'll try with the MiSTer FPG TI99 core if it's working. Was something similar done for the Adventure module, since the technical principle should be the same?

• Like 1