IGNORED

Tennis Computer AI

Europatari

1 minute ago, stupus said:

So is David not worthy of a very small compensation for his great time invested in making the 1 player version of the game?

Please explain why you are worthy of being given his work for free?

because download content doesn't seem to need money in general!

i understand it makes sense to give money for projects, but when it is a dlc, then still

Thank you to the community for respecting the time I put into games. I have made the Intellivision Library free content as I have made many games freely available. I am not so fortunate to have people give me a web hosting plan for free. The community support allows me to keep the site up and drives me to want to update games that they find enjoyable to play.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, intvdave said:

Thank you to the community for respecting the time I put into games. I have made the Intellivision Library free content as I have made many games freely available. I am not so fortunate to have people give me a web hosting plan for free. The community support allows me to keep the site up and drives me to want to update games that they find enjoyable to play.

cool! could you give me the link?

I believe Dave means he has posted 37 games for the Intellivision, of which 27 (73%) are free downloads and 10 (27%) you have to buy. Unfortunately the one you're looking for is among those 27%, which you believe is wrong because everything on Internet should be free. (Hello Netflix & others charging for streaming!)

http://www.intellivision.us/roms.php

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carlsson said:

I believe Dave means he has posted 37 games for the Intellivision, of which 27 (73%) are free downloads and 10 (27%) you have to buy. Unfortunately the one you're looking for is among those 27%, which you believe is wrong because everything on Internet should be free. (Hello Netflix & others charging for streaming!)

exactly. that is my point.

• Sad 1

Stop asking for someone to help you pirate a game the author is selling.  The author is perfectly within his rights to ask for compensation for the time he invested in creating the game.  If you are unwilling or unable to pay the $10 to play it, then don't ask someone else to supply you with the ROM, and especially don't ask here on AtariAge.

Also, if I find that someone sent you a link to the game on AtariAge (privately or publicly), I will ban both of you.

..Al

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Albert said:

Stop asking for someone to help you pirate a game the author is selling.  The author is perfectly within his rights to ask for compensation for the time he invested in creating the game.  If you are unwilling or unable to pay the $10 to play it, then don't ask someone else to supply you with the ROM, and especially don't ask here on AtariAge.

Also, if I find that someone sent you a link to the game on AtariAge (privately or publicly), I will ban both of you.

..Al

my apologies.

with that topic, i wanted to ask for a code for the original tennis game anyway

8 hours ago, carlsson said:

Almost all of that is opp, so you wouldn't expect to collect money for the downloads.  Like others have said a homebrewer is well within their rights to charge or not charge whatever they like for their property.  I think what Europatari was getting at was that some homebrewers would charge for materials while their time is considered hobby time.  But that's completely up to each homebrewer.

5 hours ago, Europatari said:

okay then

but where should i type in the codes, into the game file or as a cheat code?

Add it to the hex code at address 34FADE. Compile the .rom file into a .bin file. 
then use winrar to compress it into a .rar file. Then run your emulator in discombobulated mode with admin rights. It should boot right up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Add it to the hex code at address 34FADE. Compile the .rom file into a .bin file. 
then use winrar to compress it into a .rar file. Then run your emulator in discombobulated mode with admin rights. It should boot right up. 

Just wanted to add that the code totally works, but only if you use the paid version of WinRAR.  There is a code for WinRAR, but you have to have 1 player Tennis to unlock it.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

i do have an bin file of tennis and my emulator works with bin files

I'm confused as to whether you are just trolling all of us or what? There is no code to type in that magically makes the two player original game a one player game. (well, none I know of).  IntvDave spent his time and used his knowledge to make a one player version and he ask for $10 or something if you want a copy of it.  No, nobody is supposed to buy a single copy and distribute it others. I understand that you may like it, but if you make and decide to charge for, most of us around here support it and feel they have the right to do so.

Now, you may not know this, but the 2020 IntyBASIC programming contest just started.  If you want a new one player Tennis game, or any other game for that matter, now is a great time to put your own skills to the test and make a new game.  IntyBASIC lets you do just about anything you want. It's super easy to get started. And, instead of arguing about these mundane things, all these same folks will offer any help you might need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1