IGNORED

I just scored over 300K on Buzz Bombers!

dave1dmarx

I have a modded version of the Intellivision Flashback.  By "modded", I mean that it was modded to play all the games (not just the 60 on the Flashback) from the original ROMs rather than the modified versions on the actual Flashback. (I hope I'm explaining this right).  Anyway, the upshot is it's like playing the original games on the original controllers.  Well, I just had a killer game of Buzz Bombers where everything lined up and I was able to stack multiple beehives.  My final score was 311,200 which seems to be a high score as I cannot find record of a higher score anywhere.  Once I realized I was going to be racking up points due to the placement of honeycombs, I started to record the game with my phone.  I'm uploading the video to YouTube and will post it once it's ready, but I gotta warn y'all - I curse a little bit here and there.  ?

Anyway, here's the screen shot for now...

20200901_195521.jpg

Edited by dave1dmarx
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, dave1dmarx said:

I have a modded version of the Intellivision Flashback.  By "modded", I mean that it was modded to play all the games (not just the 60 on the Flashback) from the original ROMs rather than the modified versions on the actual Flashback. (I hope I'm explaining this right).  Anyway, the upshot is it's like playing the original games on the original controllers.  Well, I just had a killer game of Buzz Bombers where everything lined up and I was able to stack multiple beehives.  My final score was 311,200 which seems to be a high score as I cannot find record of a higher score anywhere.  Once I realized I was going to be racking up points due to the placement of honeycombs, I started to record the game with my phone.  I'm uploading the video to YouTube and will post it once it's ready, but I gotta warn y'all - I curse a little bit here and there.  ?

Anyway, here's the screen shot for now...

20200901_195521.jpg

Looks like the world record is over 1 million on Twin Galaxies.  See link below. Great score though!  ?

https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/buzz-bombers/intellivision

20 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Twingalaxies won't accept an emulated game anyway.  They have an intellivision flashback section but it sounds like this isn't exactly s flashback either.

Highscore.com has an emulation section and 311k would be the high score there.

http://highscore.com/game/?g=6489&enterscore=1

Good to know!  BTW, here's the video of the second half of the game: