IGNORED

Need help finding demo site

Shannon

If it still even exists.. I stumbled across a site the consisted of compilations of Atari 8-bit demos.  Approx 15 years or so ago.  They took numerous demos and placed them on an ATR image.  Naming format DEMOS001.ATR, DEMOS005.ATR for example.  The disk would contain MyPicoDos 4.02 and several demos on the disk.

I can't seem to find the site or any old links I may have had to it.  If I had images from there they are likely long gone.  On the first disk are the following demos..

ABBUC Demo I, ABBUC Demo II, Atari Swan Demo, Atari Robot Demo, Compy Shop Demo I, Compy Shop Demo II, Compy Shop Demo III, Compy Shop Demo IV, Earth Views (Wait!), H.E.C. Ddemo, Happy Demo, Nemesis, Grafik Master II, We Use Your $D40B, Das Omen, Music Master II, TACF 7th, Oh My Dot!, Mandelbrot Fractals, Render Ani, Chris '92 Birthday, T.A.T. 3rd demo, Fraktalshow, Time to enjoy, Sweety, Digitsound NR.1, C-64 gag, Slotmachine II, Kaleidoscope, Ergo Bibamus, Rainbow Demo, Sphinx Demo, Lunatic, Studio Dream, C-64 Freak, Hello Boys!, Yo every lamer, The Top #1, Laser Demo, Einstein Gr. 9 Pic, Wowcopper demo, Norma, J.T.T.S.O.T.U. Digi demo, Pharao, Revenge of Magnus, Mirror demo, dictum acerbum, F*ed vocabulary, Alien, Christmas '89 and ZZZUM rotator.

Any help would be appreciated in either locating the site or the disks that were available on it.

Thank you

Nope that's not it.. The  homesoft disks use Boot manager.. the ones I have use My Pico Dos for a boot menu.. here is one attached as an example..

I only have disk 1 and 5 for some reason.  I'm not sure what happened to the rest, if any, that I may have had.

DEMOS001.rar

Luckily enough I was able to find the demos on one of my drives.  I had a couple hard drives fail on me the last couple years so I thought for sure it was a goner..  The directory is labeled MegaDemo.  It has 24 disks in it.  I also have an HTML file that looks like it is from the following site "http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/"  Which appears to be no longer.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?  If anything this is a start.  I just wanted to slowly piece together what I have and see what I can do with it.

Edited by Shannon
More info

Hehe,

Sven left the university and so his personal page at uni-chemnitz.de is gone. Originally he used a different loader (Cube-loader?), think you had to put the loader in virtual "drive 1" and the image with the demos in virtual "drive 2" to load them (or something like that). I found this a bit awkward and came up with the idea to use MyPicoDOS and also re-did all his demo ATR images (added MyPicoDOS 4.0x, also added Basic-off to some demos, packed some demos and added some more demos). He liked my new versions/images and put them online.

So, if you have these 1MB ATR images with demos and MyPicoDOS on them, you already have the newer version(s)...  ;-)  There is a content-text for each image, the comments in (brackets) were also added by me, afair. Evil as I am, I continued these 1MB demo images for my personal collection up to nr. 30 or 32 but have not released them yet...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Originally he used a different loader (Cube-loader?), think you had to put the loader in virtual "drive 1" and the image with the demos in virtual "drive 2" to load them (or something like that).

I definitely remember having to do it that way with the dos/loader in drive 1 and the packed demos in drive 2. So glad for the new way!