IGNORED

Any 400/800/XL/XE Text Based Adventures on cart?

keebz

Powerstar was the first one to come to mind for me as well. I think it was the first graphic text adventure to have 4 directional screens for every location too. IIRC, they used to brag in the ads that it all fit into a 16K cartridge as well, IIRC. I have the ads in old mags here right now. Of course it used low-resolution graphics to save memory.

18 hours ago, keebz said:

Title pretty much says it. Were there any text based adventure games made for the 8-bit line that was distributed on cartridge? Everything I seem to find is on disk.

I think main issue was those games needed to save progress and carts in those days didn't have that capability.

• Like 1

A lot of people, including myself, have forgotten "07" precisely because it's in Polish. I have no interest in sitting with a translator to play it, and that's just the reading part, what about input replies without knowing Polish words to use?!

Wierzę, że to wielcy amerykańscy filozofowie En Vogue powiedzieli: „Otwórz swój umysł, a reszta przyjdzie sama”. :)

Seriously, though, the parameters of the question were not limited to English-language text adventures on cart. Although Nir Dary made me a fantastic multicart with Level 9's text adventures on it, including The Secret Life of Adrian Mole!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

A somewhat simple kind of adventure was 'Lords of Karma' that was on cassette - required 48k to run, from Avalon Hill.  It takes a few minutes to initialize - so it showed .... working... while it does so.  Once you got use to the mapping you can make progress in it.  When you died, you started a new life.

Harvey

19 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Seriously, though, the parameters of the question were not limited to English-language text adventures on cart.

This was never in my thought process nor in any way, shape or form brought up in what I said. This is all your conclusion that anyone meant otherwise.

Your statement and my reply to it was all regarding our memories of 07 not if it qualified for any parameters.;)

Edited by Gunstar